Classified Information

The Kerry Blue one jumped out at me too, to be fair the Kerry Blue of 30 years ago was a fiery breed, maybe not game but liked a tussle and I remember bringing a Jack Russell of mine 3 different times to the vet because of a neighbours Kerry Blue.

Another one I liked was the Jack Russell pups for sale "time wasters beware".

And also the one looking for Rhino Horn, nowadays your door would be kicked in within the hour, LOL

Nice one, keep them coming.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adrian Simpson if I remember correctly and wrote some great articles back a few years.

I used to park my van in a little village where i got picked up to go further on to work.In this village lived a chap i had worked with for a couple of years previous.One evening i arrived back from m

Posted Images

A neighbour got themselves a Kerry Blue and I have seen it almost daily since it was a pup. About 14 month now. Physically it's not a bad sort but obviously massive. My God though it's a strange one temperament wise. Never makes a sound, never wags it's tail, never makes eye contact with me. Just totally focussed on my terrier. Good job they keep it on a lead. And it's a bitch.

Len, you mentioning the Buy And Sell reminds me of during the early 90s a friend of mine's phone was hopping one day with lads asking him was he still looking for live foxes and badgers.

He bought the Buy And Sell and here was an add looking for live foxes and badger with his phone number, and him with a yard of working dogs.

He told some of the callers he was from the ISPCA and they'd hang up.

A week later he started getting calls asking was the tortoise still for sale ? LOL.

It was a drinking buddy of his sending in the free add every week and in the end he had to ring Buy And Sell and tell them to cancel his number ,LOL.

• Like 1

I done it before to a lad I worked with. A proper prick. Put an ad on buy and sell. With his number. Selling hens also put on it to ring after 8 because he was worrkin on the farm all day. Drove him nuts

I used to park my van in a little village where i got picked up to go further on to work.In this village lived a chap i had worked with for a couple of years previous.One evening i arrived back from my work place to find my van covered in all sorts of graffiti done using shaving foam.I knew right well it was him that did it so it was pay back time.He owned at the time a nissan sunny which he thought the world off so i advertised it in the buy and sell free to take away with tax and nct left on it,reason being owner emagrating,gave his number and said nothing to no one.His other brother worked with me and a week later sais that Jim was persecuted with phone calls mostly from non-nationals looking about the car,lol he never interfered with my van again.

• Like 3

Lad I used to know got into hunting in about 2002 , which was then we'll after a lot of all the names and stuff and story's. He bought a black and tan bitch adult up in Durham. 250 or 350 .lot of money then even though you hear of all this that of peddlers. My mate said take it on trial at that price. He wouldn't listen. He tried the dog , failed or said nothing there .dug to another dog and all the rest of it. Anyway he phoned your man and told him it only do a end of dig. The man says , well lad it has scars now ,selling it on . Anyway he give me the fkn thing for nothing and it went nowhere else and do nothing single handed. It was mustard on something in front of it. Cracking looking too .but shite with fault

• Like 1

Used to always be a lakey called Tyson at stud I think, . Never here of all of them 'great lookers ", and names no more. Just like alot of the aftermath of them was honestly rubbish workers in the real world

Tyson was a border with the foxfinn prefex pabs around 2000? ,couple of lads I know had a lining from him, dug to a few from him, some good some bad. Atb dc
  • Like 2

Used to always be a lakey called Tyson at stud I think, . Never here of all of them 'great lookers ", and names no more. Just like alot of the aftermath of them was honestly rubbish workers in the real world

Tyson was a border with the foxfinn prefex pabs around 2000? ,couple of lads I know had a lining from him, dug to a few from him, some good some bad. Atb dc

It was always at stud and winning shows down country £100 fee to cover ya bitch.never seen it but I know a few who did and said he was a tiny little thing.

• Like 1
Who is deargis ? Never heard of him[/quot

Deagre, can't remember how you spell it lol. Was a Welsh terrierman, who used right about his days out ECT in shooting news. He also used keep some beddie type lurchers and write about them as well. Not forgetting old ginger rip used peddle his wares in the old classifieds, you don't hear of RHFD so much now lol

• Like 2

It was always at stud and winning shows down country £100 fee to cover ya bitch.never seen it but I know a few who did and said he was a tiny little thing.

he threw pups of a handy size, bitches were small and narrow, the dogs could be rough and didn't learn discretion, can't remember any making old bones if I'm honest.they were all gone after a few yrs lads back to the black dogs. Atb dc
Who is deargis ? Never heard of him[/quot

Deagre, can't remember how you spell it lol. Was a Welsh terrierman, who used right about his days out ECT in shooting news. He also used keep some beddie type lurchers and write about them as well. Not forgetting old ginger rip used peddle his wares in the old classifieds, you don't hear of RHFD so much now lol

RHFD and HJKC was the old way of advertising your all rounder.

Nowadays all you have to do to advertise a working lurcher so the police etc. haven't a clue what your on about is put in the add, will take teeth, likes bambi, day time on long ears, took them pre ban (which makes your dog ancient) and no one has a clue, LOL.

• Like 4

I recently had a loan of some Grit And Steel and some The Feathered Warrior magazines from the 1940s and the classified adds was a look back at a completely different era.

There was adds for Trios for sale or will swap for guns, there was adds for guns and adds for Pit Bull Terriers from the best fighting stock in the world.

I also seen an add for a convention that Earl Tudor ran in the US of A in the 40s (I think) and at the bottom it said "Entry $1, Women 50c Children 50c and Coloreds 50c.