Boerboel .

As few might know from threads on posts , that ive had bull breeds , staffs ,pits ,bullmastiffs , and latter bred, showed them in the early 80s, and was in to these breeds well before lurchers , and always have soft spot for some bull breeds, and prob prefer the temp of them , to any lurcher ive had if i am honest .Well a mate of mine got a 18 month old Boerboel bitch, and she is a cracker in temp and looks i think , a real nice animal . He knows my views on bullmastiffs , that i came out of the breed because of all the health probs HD = hip /elbow , eye probs, and poor temps, and not long lived. Well these Boerboels are supposed to be very healthy for big dogs , and dont get 1/2 as much probs as other big breeds get, from what my mates says, maybe, maybe not ,. but watching playing with Buck m 1x gsd x grey , and her running aound she deff seemed quite healthy . She just starting switch on with guarding, she runs at the front gate and stands like rock, if you were standing out side lol , i dont know she bite you, but feck me she would wreak you if she did, my dog Buck very powerful, but she 4 stone more than him , built like bloody tank, she break your leg just hitting you lol . The males from what he said can hit my weight 13 st and bigger, far to big for me, the bitches i think are spot on, anyway just few pics of this breed and my daft dog lol ..

DSCN0869_zpsxrq52jir.jpg
DSCN0873_zpsjfrpylvb.jpg
DSCN0876_zpsliyxscxz.jpg
DSCN0878_zpsyq5gkuqg.jpg
DSCN0879_zpsituhlcgn.jpg
  • Like 6

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As few might know from threads on posts , that ive had bull breeds , staffs ,pits ,bullmastiffs , and latter bred, showed them in the early 80s, and was in to these breeds well before lurchers

Nice looking dogs.   Apparently they make a very good watch/guard dog.   .......I imagine that's fairly reassuring in SA

My friend has a male and tips the scales at 10stone, very active and very fit. "Edward" is a great dog and wonders his small garden/kennel blocks without a care in the world. Bloody terrified at fi

Posted Images

Chap I know has a male, 15 1/2 stone and not 2yrs old yet......

As few might know from threads on posts , that ive had bull breeds , staffs ,pits ,bullmastiffs , and latter bred, showed them in the early 80s, and was in to these breeds well before lurchers , and always have soft spot for some bull breeds, and prob prefer the temp of them , to any lurcher ive had if i am honest .Well a mate of mine got a 18 month old Boerboel bitch, and she is a cracker in temp and looks i think , a real nice animal . He knows my views on bullmastiffs , that i came out of the breed because of all the health probs HD = hip /elbow , eye probs, and poor temps, and not long lived. Well these Boerboels are supposed to be very healthy for big dogs , and dont get 1/2 as much probs as other big breeds get, from what my mates says, maybe, maybe not ,. but watching playing with Buck m 1x gsd x grey , and her running aound she deff seemed quite healthy . She just starting switch on with guarding, she runs at the front gate and stands like rock, if you were standing out side lol , i dont know she bite you, but feck me she would wreak you if she did, my dog Buck very powerful, but she 4 stone more than him , built like bloody tank, she break your leg just hitting you lol . The males from what he said can hit my weight 13 st and bigger, far to big for me, the bitches i think are spot on, anyway just few pics of this breed and my daft dog lol ..

DSCN0869_zpsxrq52jir.jpg

DSCN0873_zpsjfrpylvb.jpg

DSCN0876_zpsliyxscxz.jpg

DSCN0878_zpsyq5gkuqg.jpg

DSCN0879_zpsituhlcgn.jpg

My friend has a male and tips the scales at 10stone, very active and very fit.

"Edward" is a great dog and wonders his small garden/kennel blocks without a care in the world.

Bloody terrified at first when he's watching you wallpaper the hall stairs and landing but soon realised he was just weighing me up.

The mallys and Dutch hearders in the kennels are a different matter.

Great to look at but they can stay in the bloody kennels!

Matt

• Like 2

I've a bitch about 16mths old. Last time she was weighed was at a year old and she was just over 6 stone so not going to be a massive bitch.

I actually would have preferred a male but it wasn't practical.

She's quite agile and has a fair turn of speed for her size and shape.

Mad keen watchdog, only downside is her bark, she sounds like a jack russel on helium.

• Like 1

My brother has a 6 month old male. It's bigger than his rottweiler bitch already. Head like a pumpkin. It is already very ferocious at guarding won't let people even in the car without shouting it's head off. I personally think it has a little too much drive for the average person and I worry that they may be the next "devil dog" in 10 years or so when the chavs get hold of them. My brother has had various mastiff types over the years but he says this dog is in a different league. I have to say it is a stunning animal and very good conformation.

• Like 1

I do like the breed and if I had a big enough place I would have one in a second .........

same here ken, that bitch in the pics is really nice, if you seen her in flesh . she is about 10 st , but not slow , and can move quite quick off the mark , when she goes up to the gate. s he dont bark alot , dont think the breed do really, but when in guard mode they prob just grab you, and you be fecked there a vid on youtube with one of these grabbing a bloke pinching from a house , the bloke died the day after from is injuries . this was in S/A . if you had say a jack with one of these somthing bit vocal , these deff back it up :yes: . if wanted big type guard dog had the ground for it , i have a bitch like the one in the pics . t he thing puts me off though is the bloody price tag, they fetch £ 1500 -1800 quid , and i still think even though they are quite healthy of big dogs, your still going to get few health probs with them. i was told by 2 different vets that any dog can get HD even some smaller breeds have had few probs with it, but the bigger the breeds and heavier they get the more chance they will get it. well if i paid £ 1600 quid for a dog and it got it , it wouldn't be happy about it. But this bitch and her line all have low hip scores , very good temps , the males go up to 12- 14st lol i like a male in any breed by chose , but think there be to big for me , bitch be easier and prob be healthier being lighter , a great breed though :yes: .

Buck would be breakfast to some of the boerboels in Africa I have seen

very true mate, that bitch was to much for him lol, she flattened him few times lol, and that not even them big males , there hell of a dog deff

who really needs one,i mean what have you got that cant get nicked that you need to pay a fortune feed one of these all year.i got a yard full of plant,digger,trailer,small plant,5 ride on mowers.etc,etc never needed a guard dog.lovely dogs dont get me wrong.

• Like 2

Nice looking dogs.

Apparently they make a very good watch/guard dog.

.......I imagine that's fairly reassuring in SA :thumbs:

yep just like this one, the bloke died few days after his injuries , very serious guard dog

the link on here some where lol if it works

boerboel-attacks-intruder | South Africa Today

• Like 1

I do like the breed and if I had a big enough place I would have one in a second .........

same here ken, that bitch in the pics is really nice, if you seen her in flesh . she is about 10 st , but not slow , and can move quite quick off the mark , when she goes up to the gate. s he dont bark alot , dont think the breed do really, but when in guard mode they prob just grab you, and you be fecked there a vid on youtube with one of these grabbing a bloke pinching from a house , the bloke died the day after from is injuries . this was in S/A . if you had say a jack with one of these somthing bit vocal , these deff back it up :yes: . if wanted big type guard dog had the ground for it , i have a bitch like the one in the pics . t he thing puts me off though is the bloody price tag, they fetch £ 1500 -1800 quid , and i still think even though they are quite healthy of big dogs, your still going to get few health probs with them. i was told by 2 different vets that any dog can get HD even some smaller breeds have had few probs with it, but the bigger the breeds and heavier they get the more chance they will get it. well if i paid £ 1600 quid for a dog and it got it , it wouldn't be happy about it. But this bitch and her line all have low hip scores , very good temps , the males go up to 12- 14st lol i like a male in any breed by chose , but think there be to big for me , bitch be easier and prob be healthier being lighter , a great breed though :yes: .

If you've got a few quid invested in plant etc, £1500 is nowt.

Nice looking dogs.

Apparently they make a very good watch/guard dog.

.......I imagine that's fairly reassuring in SA :thumbs:

yep just like this one, the bloke died few days after his injuries , very serious guard dog

the link on here some where lol if it works

boerboel-attacks-intruder | South Africa Today

South Africa Today632 × 425Search by image

boerboel-attacks-intruder

Well, he won't do it again ;)