Is a day I wont forget in a hurry, went out with the dog about 6 pm, alongside some railway bankings, bunnies come out into the open fields for the fresh grass, I was hoping for the dog to snatch one, but no luck, moved on into some woods I normally ferret, in she went I waited and waited, no sign of her, so I went in, she was there up to her neck in a pool of thick mud, just the top of her back and head were visible, I waded in, but on my first step, it was up half way my wellies, I had a job pulling myself out, nowt I could do but go home and get help, I don't think she was going any deeper, I think as I watched her, her feet must be on the bottom, so ff I went home, stuffed my extendable ladders in the car and humped the buggers over 3 fields, she was still in the same position, so I managed to get down to her with the ladders, it took me a while to make some kind of clearing for me to get the ladders from bank to bank, straight over the dogs back, f**k me what a job I had pulling her out, no strength left in me, just pure adrenalin, but I got her, out, f**k me what did she do, off sniffing warrens as though nowt had happened, I hadn't the strength to recover my ladders, I will get em later, nobody goes there except me

• Like 3

im awreet, apart from a cut to the top of my left leg thro humping ladders over barbed wire fences, must get missen a mobile phone I reckon

Get yourself a cheap Nokia from Tesco mate..................Just in case ;) better safe than sorry :yes:

Is a day I wont forget in a hurry, went out with the dog about 6 pm, alongside some railway bankings, bunnies come out into the open fields for the fresh grass, I was hoping for the dog to snatch one, but no luck, moved on into some woods I normally ferret, in she went I waited and waited, no sign of her, so I went in, she was there up to her neck in a pool of thick mud, just the top of her back and head were visible, I waded in, but on my first step, it was up half way my wellies, I had a job pulling myself out, nowt I could do but go home and get help, I don't think she was going any deeper, I think as I watched her, her feet must be on the bottom, so ff I went home, stuffed my extendable ladders in the car and humped the buggers over 3 fields, she was still in the same position, so I managed to get down to her with the ladders, it took me a while to make some kind of clearing for me to get the ladders from bank to bank, straight over the dogs back, f**k me what a job I had pulling her out, no strength left in me, just pure adrenalin, but I got her, out, f**k me what did she do, off sniffing warrens as though nowt had happened, I hadn't the strength to recover my ladders, I will get em later, nobody goes there except me

Wrong some one has half hitched them

was seen running to his van with them

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-09415900-1500663645.jpg

I've had a similar experience years ago my beddy greyhound bitch went missing ended up in a bag managed to find a branch to hook her collar and get her out atleast your both in one piece ?

At least you BOTH know its there now, and hopefully she will steer well clear.

Theres a bit of land local, holds plenty of rabbits, only problem also a couple of old open wells, that are hidden in the long grass. a place I avoid.

Same as I would never lamp land I haven't walked in day light.

Glad you both got home safe and sound.