Lynx Reintroduction Application.

http://www.lynxuk.org/

what are your thoughts on reintroducing these cats back to britain.?

They have been extinct here for 1300 years.

I for one would like to see them return, and have donated a few quid over the past months to the above charity.

have read that in the past 2 years there have been 5 reported livestock kills blamed on lynx in europe out of an estimated population of 10,000.

so quite a insignificant number.

Could help reduce the over population of deer here.

cheers Dan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you right neil , that try to use any excuse to stop any form of hunting . but regards the lynx the farmers would prob shoot them to protect there live stock = sheep

If I lived over there I'd probably be on for it but would be a little wary that if it's a success the anti's would use them as an excuse to end deer stalking.

so much have changed in the country since they last roamed in the wild okay the roe deer population has exploded but i reckon there's more sheep now than then and there going to be a easier prey

If I lived over there I'd probably be on for it but would be a little wary that if it's a success the anti's would use them as an excuse to end deer stalking.

you right neil , that try to use any excuse to stop any form of hunting . :yes: but regards the lynx the farmers would prob shoot them to protect there live stock = sheep

• Like 4

not really to sure about this one,theres a lot of ups and downs with these things

Thats true a bit like the beaver reintroduction

i bet theres a bit of local enviroment changes, with there flooding and tree damage.

but it is nice to bring back animals,that once roamed here, and theres always gona be conflicts with people directly affected with any reintroductions

so much have changed in the country since they last roamed in the wild okay the roe deer population has exploded but i reckon there's more sheep now than then and there going to be a easier prey

• Like 2

Iberian lynx....

Scientists working on the LIFE IBERLINCE project have spent six years studying the hunting behaviour of the Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus), registering a total of 40 attacks with 716 farm animals killed. Their results indicate that, although the resulting economic losses are not high, this behaviour is on the rise, and it is therefore necessary to establish conflict prevention programmes alongside the existing conservation programmes.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2013-06-iberian-lynx-farm-animals.html#jCp

My views are quite well known on it, they are already here and a few more wont hurt I,m also very interested to see if the tracked cats ever pair up with the non existent ones,I have a little look on there website now and again but it's been a slow process getting to this stage, I wish them well

in my experiance large predators much prefer wild meat, until game numbers get low, and starvation kicks in, but i agree you can bet some sheep are gona get killed.

,but here theres always gona be high deer numbers.

im not sure how big european lynx range is ? but i know canadian lynx have a range of one square mile (female) and 5 square miles (male)

I think its a whitetail,they are roughly fallow deer size,theres a photo sequence online showing a lynx hammering one in the open,i don't think roe or munties will be a problem.

• Like 1

I think its a whitetail,they are roughly fallow deer size,theres a photo sequence online showing a lynx hammering one in the open,i don't think roe or munties will be a problem.

thats great

and canadian lynx are a lot smaller than euro lynx

• Like 1

That's all I need on my stalking perms bloody great cat stirring things up ?, and what about the pheasant days the beaters aren't going to be that keen to push out the thick bits with the big puddy cat lying in wait ?..

That's all I need on my stalking perms bloody great cat stirring things up , and what about the pheasant days the beaters aren't going to be that keen to push out the thick bits with the big puddy cat lying in wait ..

worried about a bit of healthy competition LOL

• Like 1