Astrology Telescope

Anyone own one? And how the f**k do you work them lol

bought one from someone as it was quite cheap. Tried having a go last night, but man you need to be a philledelphia lawyer to understand it haha.

Couldn't see a f***ing thing out of it!

and yes I did remove the lens cap.

I knew it was a bad idea asking lol

c**t was short of cash and i got it for 30quid. 76/700 it is on a tripod.yea it has a wee viewing thing with cross hairs.

I thought it be good for looking up at the Ben aswell as the sky, but someone said you can't use them during the day. Prob just shove it in a cupboard lol

c**t was short of cash and i got it for 30quid. 76/700 it is on a tripod.yea it has a wee viewing thing with cross hairs.

I thought it be good for looking up at the Ben aswell as the sky, but someone said you can't use them during the day. Prob just shove it in a cupboard lol

No no don't shove it in the cupboard.

Donate it to Andy Kelly I'm sure he will take it off your hands.

Anyone own one? And how the f**k do you work them lol

bought one from someone as it was quite cheap. Tried having a go last night, but man you need to be a philledelphia lawyer to understand it haha.

Couldn't see a f***ing thing out of it!

and yes I did remove the lens cap.

See if you can find the manual for it online.

Download SkEye for Android

Follow the instructions and it'll point you in the right direction for looking at stuff.

• Like 3

It's well worth sticking with Scot, once you get it figured out it will be amazing especially if you are in the sticks with little artificial light.

You will be able to see the craters on the Moon clear as day and see Mars and Venus, then you can look at the constellations. If you have a smart phone get the app called Nights sky or something like that, it uses your phone's gps, accelerometers and compass so that you can point you phone at a star and find out what it is....it's pretty cool.

If I won the lottery I would definitely get a good telescope :thumbs:

• Like 2

As has been said, get an app. I used to use Stellarium (free download) on the laptop. Even without a telescope it's a smart bit of gear. You can plot your location and then simulate what'll be in the sky at pretty much any given time by selecting a time & date.

Sounds like you're in Lochaber? I'd guess the light pollution will be very low there so very good for stargazing.

http://www.stellarium.org/en_GB/

• Like 2

i got one for daughter at xmas . take it out at day in wide open space set it up and look through that cross hair thing on side at a target maybe at a mile then without moving any thing see if you can see the same though scope if not adjust crosshair . but if you cant see anything at all try different lens if you got them with it and have a play around with the focus at the rear of the scope till you start to get a picture. once all adjusted you simply look through crosshair the same picture should be in scope .

Brought the wife one 2 years back and all the beginners books she hasn't even looked through it. You need to line the scope up with the telescope just like a gun . You can use them during the day but not to look at the sky unless you have a sun filter on it pick a land mark or object roughly 500 meters away line the thing up and you are away atb Lee

• Like 1

I used to use mine during the day Scot. Used to watch a peregrine nest across the valley from my garden! Could see the chicks plain and watch their every move! Persevere mate! One thing I found was at the beginning everything was upside down but one of the lenses supplied with it sorted that out! Good luck mate!

• Like 2