Saluki Greyhounds

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have a 1st x and hes done a lot of foxes over time,,and he does them well enough..he hasnt got the jaw power of a bull x and it takes a tad longer to finalise the situation,which has him taking a bi

On the lamp the deer is a different animal. In the daytime is when you'll see what you've got. I'm not talking gameness, I'm talking single handed running. I seen more Bull crosses get straight lined

yer coursing dog

Posted Images

if my only interests where fox and from what Ive seen too date Id go for a coursing dog that liked em or a coursing dog x saluki bull grey type, I pretty sire bred out right gear Id do ok with that type, well built dog pup would be my choice

great and not durable no good to me, seems a waste and needs breeding too improve durability, where as enough saluki will give that extra stamina durability, desire, drive, feet, which can never go a miss imho

But I'm not understanding why the saluki still? Why and how would it be better than a racey bull greyhound?? From personal experience a fox should be turned no more than 4 maybe 5 times at the max that's with an experienced dog, stamina is not needed for a run on a fox imo, before the ban on more than one occasion I have ran a bull greyhound on a fox caught it killed it by the time iv got to them iv put the dog on the slip and got into the next field bang same again, iv gone out before ran a fox at 10pm caught and killed it walked for miles having runs in between and then caught another fox at the end of the night after several good runs and miles of walking so why would a pure saluki be better than a bull grey? Especially how they don't exactly turn on the spot like a beddy whippet I'm not saying bull greys can either but they can turn better than a pure saluki surely
I never once stated a pure saluki was a better fox dog, in fact read again I stated a saluki bull greyhound was better, better still a coursing cross saluki bull grey, why stamina, wel I need something that can go on what comes up not just a fox straight out the motor window lol fact is the bull greyhound lacks stamina and decent feet, wont last all night , bar ambushed on the lamp at close range Id imagine most get away ,

turn on the spot, most bull grey have the turning circle of the ark royale, give over yourself lol saluki course hares and they turn a bit more than most deer foxes rabbits etc lus to turn it even four of five times you have to get there in the first instance, unless your using a motor , that's where the stamina might just come in handy as well as durability,

likesay being that you been 'told' of a bull grey that killed six red stags in two days, weather on the lamp or daytime I'm hardly lightly too convince you of anything at all not that is my intention, makes you wonder why so many have moved onto saluki bull greys, (yourself included) , the mind boggles

Saluki's are used for hare coursing because of there stamina yes but there used in very large open fields that are flat and have no hedges usually, the fact you think bull greyhounds need a full field to turn makes me think your categorising the bullgreyhound a half cross type dog my dog and other bull crosses iv had and seen wipe the floor with rabbits, I know true coursing men 'chalky and the boys' and I know lads in that group that wouldn't ever want there dog to touch a fox they certainly don't class them as fox dogs
of course they wouldn't want the dog on a fox they don't hunt them, so your point is? am I supposed to be impressed that you know some lads on chalkies site? oh I wish I did lol and I never said bull grey needs a field to turn I just said salukis and saluki crosses turn better in general, and Id be seriously worried if a lurcher couldn't handle rabbits so again your point is what?

I agree that the pure saluki is not the ultimate fox dog, Ive stated what I think is better, you yourself admit you currently run bull grey with some saluki in it yes? well why do you do that if the bull greyhounds you bred could do everything, ncluding six reds in two days, why add saluki into the mix and make them weaker and squeakier?

So you keep going on about these 6 reds your boring mate I sent a screen shot of what you said to my mate and he said the exact same as I'm thinking which I won't repeat on here, yes my current dog has a dash of saluki in him way back through the lines which has more than likely been bred out of him by now, iv watched pure Salukis iv watched saluki greyhounds over Melton Mowbray run the hares and the deer pre ban and iv seen more bad than I have good and I know the dogs were bred right and baught on correctly iv seen them do things even a bad bull cross will do, for example course a hare but refuse to pick it up just chase it for aslong as it can, and let off the odd bark, I have not once said that I think adding abit of saluki in the mix is a bad thing, all i am saying is a pure saluki is not a better choice for a foxing dog than a bull greyhound

show me where I said a pure saluki was the better dog for fox? I haven't lol , all I said that some will and do, I also conceded that some bull greyhounds also do, but don't tell me some of them don't jib as well, we going around in circles and I'm not really trying to convince you of anything, I was adding to the discussion, and going an alternative view, I mention the reds simply because its an awesome feat for any dog, but theres already threads about that.

I'm sure your pals agree with you, after all they tod you that they had done it, they hardly going to admit they been telling lies cause I happen not to agree that it happened now are they?

My 'mate' that laughed at what youv said isn't anything to do with the red Hinds he's laughing because he's seen plenty of red hinds get pulled by bull greyhounds,iv not said that all bull greyhounds are good iv own d bad ones and seen bad ones but iv also seen bull greyhounds that any man would be happy to have in there kennels nobody has said a pure saluki won't catch and kill a fox but for the 1000th time they aren't a better choice for fox or deer or infact anything other than hares

if my only interests where fox and from what Ive seen too date Id go for a coursing dog that liked em or a coursing dog x saluki bull grey type, I pretty sire bred out right gear Id do ok with that type, well built dog pup would be my choice

great and not durable no good to me, seems a waste and needs breeding too improve durability, where as enough saluki will give that extra stamina durability, desire, drive, feet, which can never go a miss imho

But I'm not understanding why the saluki still? Why and how would it be better than a racey bull greyhound?? From personal experience a fox should be turned no more than 4 maybe 5 times at the max that's with an experienced dog, stamina is not needed for a run on a fox imo, before the ban on more than one occasion I have ran a bull greyhound on a fox caught it killed it by the time iv got to them iv put the dog on the slip and got into the next field bang same again, iv gone out before ran a fox at 10pm caught and killed it walked for miles having runs in between and then caught another fox at the end of the night after several good runs and miles of walking so why would a pure saluki be better than a bull grey? Especially how they don't exactly turn on the spot like a beddy whippet I'm not saying bull greys can either but they can turn better than a pure saluki surely
I never once stated a pure saluki was a better fox dog, in fact read again I stated a saluki bull greyhound was better, better still a coursing cross saluki bull grey, why stamina, wel I need something that can go on what comes up not just a fox straight out the motor window lol fact is the bull greyhound lacks stamina and decent feet, wont last all night , bar ambushed on the lamp at close range Id imagine most get away ,

turn on the spot, most bull grey have the turning circle of the ark royale, give over yourself lol saluki course hares and they turn a bit more than most deer foxes rabbits etc lus to turn it even four of five times you have to get there in the first instance, unless your using a motor , that's where the stamina might just come in handy as well as durability,

likesay being that you been 'told' of a bull grey that killed six red stags in two days, weather on the lamp or daytime I'm hardly lightly too convince you of anything at all not that is my intention, makes you wonder why so many have moved onto saluki bull greys, (yourself included) , the mind boggles

Saluki's are used for hare coursing because of there stamina yes but there used in very large open fields that are flat and have no hedges usually, the fact you think bull greyhounds need a full field to turn makes me think your categorising the bullgreyhound a half cross type dog my dog and other bull crosses iv had and seen wipe the floor with rabbits, I know true coursing men 'chalky and the boys' and I know lads in that group that wouldn't ever want there dog to touch a fox they certainly don't class them as fox dogs
of course they wouldn't want the dog on a fox they don't hunt them, so your point is? am I supposed to be impressed that you know some lads on chalkies site? oh I wish I did lol and I never said bull grey needs a field to turn I just said salukis and saluki crosses turn better in general, and Id be seriously worried if a lurcher couldn't handle rabbits so again your point is what?

I agree that the pure saluki is not the ultimate fox dog, Ive stated what I think is better, you yourself admit you currently run bull grey with some saluki in it yes? well why do you do that if the bull greyhounds you bred could do everything, ncluding six reds in two days, why add saluki into the mix and make them weaker and squeakier?

So you keep going on about these 6 reds your boring mate I sent a screen shot of what you said to my mate and he said the exact same as I'm thinking which I won't repeat on here, yes my current dog has a dash of saluki in him way back through the lines which has more than likely been bred out of him by now, iv watched pure Salukis iv watched saluki greyhounds over Melton Mowbray run the hares and the deer pre ban and iv seen more bad than I have good and I know the dogs were bred right and baught on correctly iv seen them do things even a bad bull cross will do, for example course a hare but refuse to pick it up just chase it for aslong as it can, and let off the odd bark, I have not once said that I think adding abit of saluki in the mix is a bad thing, all i am saying is a pure saluki is not a better choice for a foxing dog than a bull greyhound

show me where I said a pure saluki was the better dog for fox? I haven't lol , all I said that some will and do, I also conceded that some bull greyhounds also do, but don't tell me some of them don't jib as well, we going around in circles and I'm not really trying to convince you of anything, I was adding to the discussion, and going an alternative view, I mention the reds simply because its an awesome feat for any dog, but theres already threads about that.

I'm sure your pals agree with you, after all they tod you that they had done it, they hardly going to admit they been telling lies cause I happen not to agree that it happened now are they?

My 'mate' that laughed at what youv said isn't anything to do with the red Hinds he's laughing because he's seen plenty of red hinds get pulled by bull greyhounds,iv not said that all bull greyhounds are good iv own d bad ones and seen bad ones but iv also seen bull greyhounds that any man would be happy to have in there kennels nobody has said a pure saluki won't catch and kill a fox but for the 1000th time they aren't a better choice for fox or deer or infact anything other than hares

so now theres loads of bull grey hounds pulling red stags lmao where is all this taking place on the lamp or day time,

instead of them just telling you its happened why don't they take you along too see it? afterall you bred there dogs

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

" I sent a screen shot of what you said to my mate and he said the exact same as I'm thinking which I won't repeat on here, " Priceless are you getting this R*** :laugh:

well that's me told innit just

Yawn... same old same old, middle aged men running there mouths whilst sat behind there computer grow up mate I may be young likenyou state but I proberly do more than you with the dogs

LOL Cobblers

Let's see who can quote the most and fill a page :D

lmao I'm done with it, some should learn too read properly before coming on here :laugh::laugh:

Let's see who can quote the most and fill a page :D

lmao I'm done with it, some should learn too read properly before coming on here :laugh::laugh:
OK :D
mate :D

I Wonder why they banned it all ? Anyone on this site remember "preban" :D those that do must be getting on now !

Well most this site must have been about 3 year old at the time lol

Lol I think alot on this site need to learn to read properly AND leave school, before coming on here! Lol :thumbs:.

That's me done for a while. Right, I'm away to walk me canary :ninja:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

so now theres loads of bull grey hounds pulling red stags lmao where is all this taking place on the lamp or day time,

instead of them just telling you its happened why don't they take you along too see it? afterall you bred there dogs

Who mentioned anything about red stags? And because I don't need to go out and see that mate we've been out together on more than one occasion since he had that pup off me, another pup went to Kent which was slipped in a deer pen by the f*cking idiot that had him which led to his death, the only bitch of the litter went over to Isle of Man and I beleive she was very successful on the retrieve of wallabees and the dog pup I kept back I gifted to a freind when he was around 5 months old due to my own circumstances and that dogs still doing well too are you going to tell me that's all lies too...