But he couldn't do 9 to 5 Nash in his situation

That's my point mate, he's only doing what most of us would if we could afford to

I get where your coming from,there would be other different struggles for the rest of us,but then I personally wouldn't have gone on TV for no personal gain and admitted my vulnerability or weaknesses,its just not a bloke thing to do.....we can all say what we want on here,we are by and large anonymous,how much of what we write on here would we say face to face (not aimed at you ,or any one else in particular) the guys got balls and integrity,very admirable imo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone see that Rio Ferdinand thing last night ?.....got some bollocks about him that boy you could feel the pain he was in.....ive heard folk talk about hard man this and tough guy that and i always

yeh watched it , good tv , yeh takes guts to put your self up public with wort's@all , he was lucky in some ways though , with some wealth ,and good friends him, some people arnt as lucky. i kno

I agree that dealing with the day to day stuff won't come into it like it would for some low income mum left alone, but I think you have to bet the grief is the same brother.

my kids mum passed away 2002,very hard for me,but there was no support group or anything,i wouldnt have went to one anyway,sink or swim time,i had a bit of boo-hoo but kids focus your mind,no time for self pity with them needing looking after.

sorry to hear that mate, but you right what ever you might feel inside, you got to be strong and positive for your kids true, hope things get better mate for you . :thumbs:

• Like 1

Took some balls to go on tv and do that programme. you could see the pain emotionally he is in was truly genuine. after watching that i have an admiration for him. come across as a genuine fella and he has 3 lucky kids to have him as a dad.

• Like 4

My lads best mate is 11, his mum committed suicide when he was 3, leaving him his older sister and his dad behind... I remember my eldest girl coming home from junior school and saying a girl in her schools mum had committed suicude...

My lad and him have been best mates since pre school... me and his dad took the pair of them to old Trafford couple of years back, stayed up there, pizza at midnight in the hotel etc kids loved it... the lads spent loads of time at mine, he's part of our family in my eyes... everytime he mentions his mum I choke up... my lad is very loyal to hi and has got in trouble at school before for sticking up for him when other kids (they're only kids) have said stuff about his mum etc....

Now his dad (in my eyes) is unreal, he went part time at work, and never misses anything, picks the kids up everyday, clubs, parents evenings etc... his life is dedicated to his kids... he's done a great job with them tbh

• Like 5

He's lived comftably with nothing and with wealth , I don't think having money makes his situation any easier mentally as he doesn't look at his Range Rover and think "Ahh everything is great" . . I know a bloke with 10s off millions and he's got a young family member very sick and for all his money if the unthinkable happens his money won't / can't help him mentally , RF came across as a genuine down to earth bloke and I admire his vulnerability & honesty , last night just might of helped a few people in the same situation , and I wish him all the best in the future !!

• Like 3

Fair play to him but ...I'd say its a standard requirement that you stand by your kids if there mother passes its not really pat on the back material any man with a shred of decency would wouldent they? I'm not knocking him but I'm not glorifying him either for doing somthing that should be done ....I wish him and his kids all the best from here on :thumbs:

The government has just cut the bereavement allowance to a maximum of 18 months (I think they used to call it widows pension).........it used to be until your children were 16.

So, if you ain't over it and in your feet in 18 months tough shit !!

Which is fine if you are a working man/woman on a fairly good salary with a decent job.........I remember when my old man died my mother didn't know how to do a thing because she had never had to.......she didn't even know how to do the shopping because my old man knew all the business owners and he used to get everything.

She was lucky enough to have a couple of bob, but it soon runs out.

I remember them asking my mother if she could prove my old man was dead when she went to get her widows allowance !!......she was broken when they asked her that.

She dealt with so much and did it as best she could so I totally get what Stiffmeister is saying........what his money gives Rio is Breathing room.......that's what it is.

As Gnasher says I'm sure he would be on the bins if he could have his family back, we all would but what Stiff says is valid.

• Like 2

But he couldn't do 9 to 5 Nash in his situation

That's my point mate, he's only doing what most of us would if we could afford to

But most people cant afford to.......and he can......because he did well for himself and his family and now doesnt need to do a 9 - 5..........thats good right ? :blink:

Maybe im just not understanding what your getting at.

Fair play to him but ...I'd say its a standard requirement that you stand by your kids if there mother passes its not really pat on the back material any man with a shred of decency would wouldent they? I'm not knocking him but I'm not glorifying him either for doing somthing that should be done ....I wish him and his kids all the best from here on :thumbs:

I totally disagree......motherhood doesnt come natural to a man so being a father is the standard requirement.........to me sacrificing your immediate plans/future possibilities to be mother and father takes courage/dedication/selflessness......none of which come as standard human emotions that everyones born with.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

The government has just cut the bereavement allowance to a maximum of 18 months (I think they used to call it widows pension).........it used to be until your children were 16.

Which is fine if you are a working man/woman on a fairly good salary with a decent job.........I remember when my old man died my mother didn't know how to do a thing because she had never had to.......she didn't even know how to do the shopping because my old man knew all the business owners and he used to get everything.

I remember them asking my mother if she could prove my old man was dead when she went to get her widows allowance !!......she was broken when they asked her that.

She dealt with so much and did it as best she could so I totally get what Stiffmeister is saying........what his money gives Rio is Breathing room.......that's what it is.

As Gnasher says I'm sure he would be on the bins if he could have his family back, we all would but what Stiff says is valid.

I'm not a expert on grief but in dealing with a few people that have been in a state of grief, the first things they usually say is "how am I going to afford this and what about doing that" whilst sobbing their hearts out. You can't help them with the heart ache but you can try to take that worry away and often it helps a lot. Having money just takes some of that worry away. Don't help with the heart ache though.

• Like 1

That first paragraph reminds me of a conversation I had with my grandad years ago. I friend of the family, a gamekeeper had just lost his young son in a car crash. A number of days passed and I asked my grandad "who was looking after his birds?".....He said to me "He will be....Christ, it's been a week!"

Wilf your a Londoner mate i dont expect all this bleed for me/whos got the most dirt under their fingernails caper from you :D .....the boy done good....he deserves the merits and all that brings.

Too much time in Ireland now mate.... soon change a man over there...lol

• Like 1