Hanging Baskets And Plants

Hey lads when is the best time to get plants and put out hanging baskets and planters.

I would like plants i don't have to change half way through summer. Also any ideas of the kind of plants you put in them.

i quite like lobelia in a hanging basket. Just don't want to put them out to early. Cheers.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit early for baskets son. Fair enough get some plants bought in but you'll need to keep them in the greenhouse. Fushia,geranium, lobelia, begonia, trailing variegated ivy to name but a few. I'll be s

I just chuck a bit of every thing in , it all seems to grow if you water and feed it .  

You mean tax there plants when the go away lol

Posted Images

im no gardner scot,,,but the pub next door to where i work ,,,the panzzies in there hanging baskets are growing like mad...also seen in aldi,,,there selling them now,,,so proberbly around now

• Like 1

Cheers tomo . Yea ill check them out@aldi maybe get a few trays. Just fancied getting a couple baskets and planters.

I have few pots with my Lilley s and they always come out good and last till well into September.

Just don't want the hassle of changing baskets. Want plants that last.

Might need to wait till may early June up here as the snow last week proved that the home stores will have trays of plants out but cover them selfs but stating plant up but leave in a green house for a bit

• Like 1

Bit early for baskets son. Fair enough get some plants bought in but you'll need to keep them in the greenhouse. Fushia,geranium, lobelia, begonia, trailing variegated ivy to name but a few. I'll be setting my baskets mid April for putting out in the middle of May'ish. Jok.

• Like 4

Hanging baskets now if you have a greenhouse..just hang them out on the better days. Got caught out last May walking the old arthritic dog for 10 minutes..sunny as when I set off in a t-shirt, came over black 5 mins later with a hailstorm..hanging baskets were ruined by the time I got back

• Like 1

Lad I used to do all the hanging baskets in a huge country park.

Lobelia is the absolute dogs balls................overflows the basket in a huge stream of tiny hanging blue flowers.

Make sure you have a hose for your hanging basket.....its a case of putting the hose into the basket and leaving it there for a minute and a half until the peatmoss is absolutely saturated. Hanging baskets take huge volumes of water!

• Like 2