Arming The Police

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm all for arming correctly trained police officers if it means the terror threat to our cities is dramatically reduced and if a lone wolf or organised attack happens it can be stopped quickly ... I

The government must surely be rubbing it's hands after every terror attack when the public clamour for everything from armed police to total surveillance of the public.   You could be forgiven for t

Why should them b*****ds in parliment have better protection than us "ordinary" people, its them and their ilk who have brought us to where we are now, if people are going to die in terrorist attacks

I'm all for arming correctly trained police officers if it means the terror threat to our cities is dramatically reduced and if a lone wolf or organised attack happens it can be stopped quickly ... I would go one further and allow certain civilians to have concealed carry weapons ... people like ex infantry soldiers that reached a certain rank and were at least small arm weapon instructors ... if something like the bataclav happened here then at least maybe somebody could defend the innocents until the armed police turned up ......

• Like 8

I'm all for arming correctly trained police officers if it means the terror threat to our cities is dramatically reduced and if a lone wolf or organised attack happens it can be stopped quickly ... I would go one further and allow certain civilians to have concealed carry weapons ... people like ex infantry soldiers that reached a certain rank and were at least small arm weapon instructors ... if something like the bataclav happened here then at least maybe somebody could defend the innocents until the armed police turned up ......

I work in security and the last boss fancied ex squad days or police and most of them where the last lot I would give guns too half of them I would have trouble giving a stick to and letting them shout bang they where adrenalin junkys and good for feck all

Police at air ports are also armed but the guy that did the killing in London was on mi5 radar so maybe pumping money into helping those departments is the answer as you see the cops in America there gun Ho as well everybody says that's the good thing about Britain the cops aren't armed and are approachable

The policeman killed wasn't armed though. He had to wait for backup, which can be too long when you're being knifed by a deranged wog. I'm sure if he had his own gun he'd be alive now.

Im told that around Parliament its 50/50 between plod that carry and ones who dont.....reason being its obviously a heavy tourist area where certain folk would be uneasy about asking an armed copper directions and suchlike.

Im not too sure on the whole subject in some ways i wonder why coppers dont have some kind of basic weapons experience as part of their training.......but in other ways chasing a junkie bag snatcher down the high street with a shooter is a recipe for disaster......maybe as it is now just government buildings/embassies/airports etc is about right.

How long ago was it armed police killed the French tourist on that train in London ? Bad intell ? But the guy was a tourist andunarmedand they still killed him ?

I don't think all officers should be armed but it's something that needs looked further in a elite section of police officers ?

Isn't it simple, those in high important risk saving positions!! I.e yesterdays situation!!! Then yes 100% give the poor fuckers a chance to protect those who they are protecting and most important themselves.. Standing there all alone ffs did he not have anythink he could use???

Edited by bracken boy

Dont think civillians should be armed. Look at America out of all the mass shootings in cinemas and schools, malls etc not once has the person been taken down by a civillian and they have shit loads of guns. Not only that when the cops turn up they don't know who you are. Just another guy brandishing a weapon. Sure fire way of getting yourself killed imo

Dont think civillians should be armed. Look at America out of all the mass shootings in cinemas and schools, malls etc not once has the person been taken down by a civillian and they have shit loads of guns. Not only that when the cops turn up they don't know who you are. Just another guy brandishing a weapon. Sure fire way of getting yourself killed imo

The FBI stats do show that most of the shootings in the US are by criminals and/or gang related and most guns used are obtained illegally.

Do you mean the young Brazilian guy? That happened shortly after 7/7 (2005)? When sadly, but understandably, armed police shot a young brown skinned man who looked like he might have been a terrorist?

Loth to say it but I think Gnasher is probs right and the current 50/50 is the correct ratio of armed / non armed.

My daughter works in Westminster district and travels by tube. It's not much fun reassuring your child that 'realistically you're more likely to be knocked down by a lorry' but it's a bit comforting to hear 'there's loads of armed police on all the platforms'.

This is real life. No one said it would be easy.

The FBI stats do show that most of the shootings in the US are by criminals and/or gang related and most guns used are obtained illegally.

im sure you are right. Im talking about nutters helping themselfs to their parents arsenal and shooting up schools or malls.

Not some wog shooting 20other wogs in a drive by.

im sure you are right. Im talking about nutters helping themselfs to their parents arsenal and shooting up schools or malls.

Not some wog shooting 20other wogs in a drive by.

Aye I don't want what they have but I do think we should be allowed to legally protect ourselves at least inside our homes

• Like 1