Lounge Or Kitchen.

I'm in the process of moving but me and the GF can't agree on the new house. I'd prefer a bigger living room to a kitchen but she's the opposite.

We are looking at two houses atm, the bigger house has got a small, narrow kitchen but is a nice sized house with the potential to knock some walls out and open up the kitchen. It's also got a nice big garden that's south facing.

The other house has a big new kitchen which is a cracker but the lounge is smaller and the whole house is more outdated, it has a new fitted bathroom and a conservatory. The house is smaller and so is the garden but the MRS prefers this one. This house is also 10k more expensive.

I'm right and she's wrong, which way would you go?

a happy wife equals a happy life, if you do get your own way, you will be reminded that she wanted the other house everytime something goes wrong from now until your dying day, you need to use reverse psychology so everything you do is always her idea, every man that's been married to for any length of time has worked this out the rest are single

We aren't married yet so those rules don't count, I know I'm right I just need to persuade her ha.

why dont you compromise , both of you look for a differnt house that kitchen and lounge are bigger than what you viewed all ready. that way you both get what you want , look at slightly bigger properties :yes: . same with me and my wife, we wanted to down size from a big 3 bedroom house, to go in a bungalow . what was happening for me after being in a big house , the bungalows felt costophrenic to me. so we went for bigger type bungalows , and we got a real good one , 3 bedrooms, big lounge , and good size kitchen . we turned down quite a few at 1st, but went into this one , and we both felt right about it :yes: , so take your time don't rush get the right one in the 1st place :yes: ,when you do i come over to the house warming party :D

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fukc the house size big garden every time .....

a happy wife equals a happy life, if you do get your own way, you will be reminded that she wanted the other house everytime something goes wrong from now until your dying day, you need to use reverse

Kitchens are expensive, decorating rooms is cheap and easy to do but then the one with the nice kitchen is 10 grand cheap so you're not getting much benefit unless you wont have the cash to put a nice

Just give her good rogering from behind whilst spanking her arse and pulling her hair.

Have you got your hands down the Y-Fronts at the thought of that??? ??

You don't need to tell Nigel Mansell how to drive....

• Like 1

I'm in the process of moving but me and the GF can't agree on the new house. I'd prefer a bigger living room to a kitchen but she's the opposite.

We are looking at two houses atm, the bigger house has got a small, narrow kitchen but is a nice sized house with the potential to knock some walls out and open up the kitchen. It's also got a nice big garden that's south facing.

The other house has a big new kitchen which is a cracker but the lounge is smaller and the whole house is more outdated, it has a new fitted bathroom and a conservatory. The house is smaller and so is the garden but the MRS prefers this one. This house is also 10k more expensive.

a happy wife equals a happy life, if you do get your own way, you will be reminded that she wanted the other house everytime something goes wrong from now until your dying day, you need to use reverse psychology so everything you do is always her idea, every man that's been married to for any length of time has worked this out the rest are single
We aren't married yet so those rules don't count, I know I'm right I just need to persuade her ha.

why dont you compromise , both of you look for a differnt house that kitchen and lounge are bigger than what you viewed all ready. that way you both get what you want , look a slightly bigger properties :yes: . same with me and my wife, we wanted to down size from a big 3 bedroom house, to go in a bungalow . what was happening for me after being in a big house , the bungalows felt costophrenic to me. so we went for bigger type bungalows , and we got a real good one , 3 bedrooms, big lounge , and good size kitchen . we turned down quite a few at 1st, but went into this one , and we both felt right about it :yes: , so take your time don't rush get the right one in the 1st place :yes: ,when you do i come over to the house warming party :D

It's doing my nut in pal, I'm thinking you will never find the perfect house. It's all about the compromise. The bigger house has more potential and the garden is much bigger. Luckily I've got a brother who's a builder who can help me out when I decide to do it up to make her happy. ?

Kitchens are expensive, decorating rooms is cheap and easy to do but then the one with the nice kitchen is 10 grand cheap so you're not getting much benefit unless you wont have the cash to put a nice kitchen in the other one. See which house will accept the lowest offer to start with, if you can knock 10+ grand of the nice kitchen one you are getting a free kitchen almost.

Personally we love a big kitchen especially if it's a kitchen diner type as that is where most of the daily (not nightly!) activity seems to happen in family life :)

• Like 2

Kitchens are expensive, decorating rooms is cheap and easy to do but then the one with the nice kitchen is 10 grand cheap so you're not getting much benefit unless you wont have the cash to put a nice kitchen in the other one. See which house will accept the lowest offer to start with, if you can knock 10+ grand of the nice kitchen one you are getting a free kitchen almost.

Personally we love a big kitchen especially if it's a kitchen diner type as that is where most of the daily (not nightly!) activity seems to happen in family life :)

No pal it's the opposite, the more expensive house has the big new kitchen.

What's a reasonable percentage to ask under the asking price? 10% about right?

Roughly what area are we talking? Also price range.

For an example we found a place we liked for 190k but needed loads of work. I offered them 175 and refused to budge, I thought it was a fair price and they accepted.

Where we moved from in Stockport you would be lucky to get a couple of grand off a 300k house!

• Like 1

same rules still apply, I,m 54 years of age I,ve never been married or engaged I have three kids between 30 and 24 have been with there mum for around 33 years, marriage is just a bit of paper but the rules of engagement remain the same, they were written in the sands of time thousands of years ago, you may think you wear the trousers but I bet she picks the colour,
  • Like 1

There's only 1 way to sort it out dogfox.

Show the missus the world famous pad video.

Then offer her a grand for a toe to toe.

The winner picks the house.

Sorted.

• Like 1

Just give her good rogering from behind whilst spanking her arse and pulling her hair.

Have you got your hands down the Y-Fronts at the thought of that???

Not really you do nothing for me,just sounded like you needed to assert your authority bit.lol
  • Like 1

I think you're better off going for the house with more long term potential, it's 10k cheaper with a much bigger garden. The negatives are a 15-20 min longer drive to work and a smaller kitchen at the moment.

Have you got your hands down the Y-Fronts at the thought of that???

Not really you do nothing for me,just sounded like you needed to assert your authority bit.lol[/quote

though on serious note if you take a small garden will she get chewy if you slap a big kennel and run set in it?