Lounge Or Kitchen.

I think you're better off going for the house with more long term potential, it's 10k cheaper with a much bigger garden. The negatives are a 15-20 min longer drive to work and a smaller kitchen at the moment.

Id go for potential every time and bigger garden. When I have moved houses I havent really considered work commute because that could change next week. I was buying 3 yrs ago when the market was a bit weaker than it is now and I was told by an estate agent friend to offer 20-25% off list price. I offered 210 on a bungalow that was up for 325 and they came back and said they would accept 230. 95k off just like that! I didnt go for that one in the end. Got a nice little pad in donny out the way and bought some land so have 1/2 an acre back garden now with a biiiiig pond project ongoin.

Search for wildlife pond I think that was the thread.

Where abouts in donny u lookin?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fukc the house size big garden every time .....

a happy wife equals a happy life, if you do get your own way, you will be reminded that she wanted the other house everytime something goes wrong from now until your dying day, you need to use reverse

Kitchens are expensive, decorating rooms is cheap and easy to do but then the one with the nice kitchen is 10 grand cheap so you're not getting much benefit unless you wont have the cash to put a nice

I think you're better off going for the house with more long term potential, it's 10k cheaper with a much bigger garden. The negatives are a 15-20 min longer drive to work and a smaller kitchen at the moment.

Id go for potential every time and bigger garden. When I have moved houses I havent really considered work commute because that could change next week. I was buying 3 yrs ago when the market was a bit weaker than it is now and I was told by an estate agent friend to offer 20-25% off list price. I offered 210 on a bungalow that was up for 325 and they came back and said they would accept 230. 95k off just like that! I didnt go for that one in the end. Got a nice little pad in donny out the way and bought some land so have 1/2 an acre back garden now with a biiiiig pond project ongoin.

• Like 2

Fcuk me what do you do for a living? Hahaha.

Any area that's not too far from the centre, the MRS works in Kirk Sandall.

I am a spark by trade but am now an M&E project manager. Worked hard for everything I have had nothing given and I have been in and out of the housing market at right times so made a bit that way too. Always bought houses that needed work and done them up before selling on. Not moving again though, at my forever home now.

• Like 2

I am a spark by trade but am now an M&E project manager. Worked hard for everything I have had nothing given and I have been in and out of the housing market at right times so made a bit that way too. Always bought houses that needed work and done them up before selling on. Not moving again though, at my forever home now.
Good on you pal, our generation has definitely drawn the short straw in the home owning front. My mother and father got a new 4 bedroom detached for £89,000 around 2001. Wages weren't that much different then but the house is worth double that at least. Edited by DogMan85
  • Like 1

Where abouts are you living then?

??

big kitchens nice,but the areas more important.no fukin nieghbours is a must for me.hate em.

I will second that. Mine are 500yards down the dirt track....just close enough. I love it.

I hope they're not 6ft under it..... ??

I'd want a huge kitchen and small living room. Any parties take place in kitchens so it should be biggest. A nice small quiet living room with the tv in it to chill most evenings.

I'd want a huge kitchen and small living room. Any parties take place in kitchens so it should be biggest. A nice small quiet living room with the tv in it to chill most evenings.

Maybe that's a good idea to go with the smaller kitchen, I will have to stay as guest then. ?

big kitchens nice,but the areas more important.no fukin nieghbours is a must for me.hate em.

I will second that. Mine are 500yards down the dirt track....just close enough. I love it.

yes sounds just right,mines about 300mtrs up the lane,but hes a miserable ole snob so don't need him to help with anything.