I heard about this on the radio today, and found it utterly depressing -

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/1-10-people-do-not-own-single-book-uk-households-have-8-web-connected-devices-1602428

I have many books, I love reading, and can't imagine not being able to read. When I have to clear some out, I'm in turmoil !

I can't believe that a supposedly modern, civilised society has reached such a low point.........

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you just have to look at most of the spelling on here to realise most are extreme dyslexic.

The good lady BB is dyslexic.   There is a difference between illiterate and dyslexic.

If I go to someone's house and they have books on show, I can't resist having a look at what they've got. I think you can tell a lot about someone by the type of books they read.

I love reading, I can't read on a device though.. I'll look in here and another small forum but thats about it... papers, books, magazines etc I have to read in the proper fashion...

• Like 2

New kid. I'm with you 100%. I can read just about anything and rarely go anywhere without that ability. I'll admit I have my favourites as regards authors but all in all it has to be print. My opinion only, Jok.

• Like 1

If I go to someone's house and they have books on show, I can't resist having a look at what they've got. I think you can tell a lot about someone by the type of books they read.

I like grand strategy books,reading list from Yale University grand strategy course. And military history.

I like grand strategy books,reading list from Yale University grand strategy course. And military history.

From some of the posts youve been putting up i bet you been reading an idiots guild to been a muslim lol.

• Like 1

I have very varied tastes - I'll read whatever takes my fancy at the time...I recently finished a very interesting book about Mossad black op's.

I don't read fiction (ever), and my guilty pleasure is anything by Bill Bryson.....

Erm....

Half of mine have swastikas on them lol