Just Sharing A Little Something

When I think of poison. I usually conjure up thoughts of a creature, be it man or

animal. In the throes of agony dying of a toxic substance that they have ingested

either accidentally or on purpose. The scenario I ask you to consider at this time,

are the effects of people on one another, the dogs, or some other environmental

stimulus on the individual. I have known people over the years who were really sound

and came from good backgrounds, but fell in with the wrong crowd and ended in locked

up. Some, like the periodical son, came to them-selves while otherswere destined

to a life of trouble. That is why I often tell folks who ask me, that besides a

foundation for your kids, one of the most important things you can do is to know

who they are hanging with.

I have noticed situations where two people hooked up and the blend made for

pure de poison. Sometimes this is two friends and other times it is a marital

relationship. I have known more than a few couples that were good as gold

to themselves, but put them together and toxic is a understatement. I am not just

talking about a troubled relationship, but people going at it like Bonnie and Clyde.

I have said all this to set the stage for the dogs that is often to seem to be the

catalyst for a situation that is bound to go bad. It is not just the APBT. There

have been coon hound guys who were so obsessed that their dog addiction poisoned

all their relationships.

The APBT seems to have this affect on many segments of

our fraternity. I have seen marriages go down the tubes because of the dogs and

the dogs themselves are not the problem, but the folks who became obsessed seem

to often to lose there grip on reality and forget the things that are important.

that isnt to say that dogs are unimportant, but theyshould fall somewhere down

the list behind family, job, and the other obligations that you have made.

To me, the important thing is to keep the dogs in perspective. I was one of those

folks in the early years, to almost lose it because of my fascination with the dogs.

Had i not been so busy in life. And the dogs just a part of a very full plate. I

am certain that some of my family would have had me committed. Not only are there

relationships often poison to the people and those they come in contact with. but

to the dogs themselves. I have seen dogs used, abused, and neglected for any number

of reasons, all of which have no validity as far as I am concerned. Frank Fritzwaters

wife once confided in the Little Plumber. that these dogs will

make you crazy. and her husband and some of his cronies were proof. Dave

shared this with several of us one day and we were pretty much in agreement that

some of those old guys that ran with Frank were pretty much looney tunes, but for

Frank it was probably more the rot gut than the dogs. Either way we realized that

there was some truth to what she had said.

The final poison I keep hearing about, takes place in the chat rooms. The internet

Gladiators slay me. They call other peoples dogs curs , have cuss fights,

stoop to slander, and of coarse, make terroristic threats. You can bet there are

people doing jail time for some of the things they say they will do. before its

all said and done. It would seem that the bulldogs and chat mix about as well as

bulldogs and alcohol. I hope this strikes a cord with some. and they re-asses their

situations.

If I were to advise everyone who owns these dogs, take inventory, then do an evaluation,

make every effort to enjoy the dogs, be happy, and do not let the situation control

you or your life. Above all, do not let the dogs become poison to you or your life.

Above all do not let the dogs become a poison to you or your relationships, and

for sure please do not let your actions become poison to the dogs

Gary J Hammonds

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well my worst nightmare was confirmed very recently,my wife was confirmed as having an allergic intolerance to the dogs,I know this isn't a rehomeing site,but if anyone could find it in there hearts t

My first wife left me because she claimed I thought more about the dogs and hunting than I did about her.I was gutted,we'd been together almost 10 seasons

Posted Images

it's an article written by a dogman.. nothing more or less

Was it Floyd B. that ran a lot of conventions with wives and children welcome because he was seeing so many marriages breaking up over the dogs?

Personally I blame women.

OK, if a lad takes up dogs after he's married then herself has an argument, but if he had dogs when she met him then she shouldn't try and change him.

But they do. Women have it in their heads that they'll turn a man in to the man she wants and not the man he wants to be and then the marriage breaks up.

So to sum up my argument, Women in the dog game are the poison, LOL.

• Like 11

My woman is great she has the spuds ready for me when I get back from a dig and makes up my food for the days digging be it soup or whatever. I'm going to ask her soon will she clean the kennels from time to time. The funny thing is I tink she would I'm taking full advantage of her why not ??

• Like 1

Well my worst nightmare was confirmed very recently,my wife was confirmed as having an allergic intolerance to the dogs,I know this isn't a rehomeing site,but if anyone could find it in there hearts to help me out I would be great full,her name is Jane and she is 43

• Like 19

it's an article written by a dogman.. nothing more or less

Was it Floyd B. that ran a lot of conventions with wives and children welcome because he was seeing so many marriages breaking up over the dogs?

Personally I blame women.

OK, if a lad takes up dogs after he's married then herself has an argument, but if he had dogs when she met him then she shouldn't try and change him.

But they do. Women have it in their heads that they'll turn a man in to the man she wants and not the man he wants to be and then the marriage breaks up.

So to sum up my argument, Women in the dog game are the poison, LOL.

I blame women too.... When I started with the mrs I had 3 dogs, now we are nearly married I have 8.... by the time we have an anniversary I reckon I will have a full pack of hounds!

Agree wholeheartedly with Neil .Women want to change a man ,mould him into what he is not,I've seen the effects on others and it wasn't pretty .My wife is a diamond ,she's never said I'm not going out nor moaned when I'm late but she does have the odd go at who I get about with saying the dogs are the reason they are now single lol.Our honeymoon was centred around a trip to the lakes to get a bitch covered .As long as this internet thing is taken lightheartedly ,even when the blood runs a bit then its harmless .

• Like 5