Who Would Win?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully they never meet as it would be the beginning of the end for both sports.........if they did meet it wouldnt even be competitive.

So do you think Conor Mcgregor knows something about boxing that Pacquiao,De leHoya,Castillo,Moseley,Alvarez,Cotto etc etc didnt know about boxing ?

would you fancy a scrap in a caravan park for a hundred yoyos, a 3 legged horse a cart with a wonky wheel and a back full of nettle stings and crustys shite stained doc leaves? Or would you rather fig

do you remember a few years ago bath played two rugby matches against wigan, bath won easily at union and wigan won easily at league. absolutely pointless exercise as each will win easy at their own discipline

Didn't bat stem though from Wigan absolutely destroying everyone in a sevens tournament?

Thinknthenunionngame was quite close as well if I remember right

• Like 1

But top class mma boxing isn't quite on the level as top class boxing but it isn't far behind mma is overtaking all other combat sports and floyds posing won't cut it any more and mcgregor won't stand for it

" isn't far behind "....its not even close !......they are the complete opposites of each other in every way mma fighters are looking to create space boxers are looking to close space down the footwork is completely different the movement and mentalities are completely different infact the only thing similar is giving and absorbing punishment its like comparing cricket and tennis because they both use a bat and ball !

Personally i dont think Mcgregor would have the power in a boxing ring his punches are all about timing and reacting off his opponents momentum he would be lost fighting up close and point scoring.

Edited by gnasher16

But top class mma boxing isn't quite on the level as top class boxing but it isn't far behind mma is overtaking all other combat sports and floyds posing won't cut it any more and mcgregor won't stand for it

" isn't far behind "....its not even close !......they are the complete opposites of each other in every way mma fighters are looking to create space boxers are looking to close space down the footwork is completely different the movement and mentalities are completely different infact the only thing similar is giving and absorbing punishment its like comparing cricket and tennis because they both use a bat and ball !

Personally i dont think Mcgregor would have the power in a boxing ring his punches are all about timing and reacting off his opponents momentum he would be lost fighting up close and point scoring.

Mma fighters are fully rounded fighters they are capable of fighting at a distance in close and on the floor they don't just look to create space mcgregor is more than capable of fighting in close and would tie mayweather in knots if he tried to clinch but I do agree with you on the mentality thing boxers want to pose mma fighters want to fight

I know some very quick lads that will knock you out whether you know Kung Fu or not. So you don't think the boxer is up to it?

Eh ? They are talking about a straight boxing match of course the boxer is up to it lol

McGregor knocked out one of his opponents in one punch, has Mayweather ever done that?

• Like 1

I know some very quick lads that will knock you out whether you know Kung Fu or not. So you don't think the boxer is up to it?

Eh ? They are talking about a straight boxing match of course the boxer is up to it lol

McGregor knocked out one of his opponents in one punch, has Mayweather ever done that?

Mcgregor ever done it with gloves on?

As if mayweather guna turn up for $25m. Didnt he get $180-$200m for fighting pacman?

Mcgregor wouldnt land a punch on him if it was a boxing match and doesnt usually go to ground in UFC so mma rules for me.

I dont think it will happen.

• Like 1

they are capable of fighting at a distance in close and on the floor they don't just look to create space mcgregor is more than capable of fighting in close and would tie mayweather in knots if he tried to clinch

Why would an mma fighter want to hold distance in a boxing contest he cant kick or take down ?.......how do you know Mcgregor is capable of fighting a boxer in close where the referee will call break if he clinches ?....thats why its ridiculous the reasons for doing things are completely different.

Mcgregor ever done it with gloves on?

As if mayweather guna turn up for $25m. Didnt he get $180-$200m for fighting pacman?

Mcgregor wouldnt land a punch on him if it was a boxing match and doesnt usually go to ground in UFC so mma rules for me.

I dont think it will happen.

Power is power, if he can do it with gloves off, I'm sure he can do it with them on, MMA rules would be a good way to go.

You seem to be well up on your boxing . Genuine question . Do you think with say a year of boxing training McGregor could get to any passable level of boxing for this fight ?

Did he do it with boxing gloves on or little 4 oz mitts ?....did he knock out a man from a boxing stance or mma ?.......has Mayweather ever kicked a man ?

Ask people who have experienced fight sports you,ll get one answer.....ask people who have just watched fight sports on telly you,ll get a completely different answer its apples and oranges mate.

• Like 1

Ive no interest. I remember when Randy C fought James Toney, there was loads of hype just like this and the fight was a let down. CmG is good on his feet but the hype train has run away with him simply because hes a paddy and everyone in america thinks theyre a paddy. I watched mayweather fight paqciou and i could have fallen asleep, if that was the biggest fight in history i was glad i stopped following boxing years ago. The only fight i want to see, and most of the mma fans is CmG fight is Nurmagodenov.

You seem to be well up on your boxing . Genuine question . Do you think with say a year of boxing training McGregor could get to any passable level of boxing for this fight ?

Theres no reason he couldn't get to pro level possibly even area title level who knows............but theres absolutely no logic or reasoning whatsoever to feel he could get to world title level.....ever.

• Like 1