Boots & Fenn

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of my pups 4 weeks & 4 days old

Fenn had pups to Boots on Tuesday the 10th January,she had six pups,4 bitches & 2 dogs,here's a few of them,a couple of the bitches here  

Posted Images

lovely big ball of potential there.fenn must have been a great mum.

Pups are 5 weeks old on Tuesday mate,I've hardly had to feed them lol,I've not had to clean a shit up off them or nothing just put dry bedding in,Fenn is the best mother of pups I've ever seen,she has & still is superb with them

Pups are 5 weeks old on Tuesday mate,I've hardly had to feed them lol,I've not had to clean a shit up off them or nothing just put dry bedding in,Fenn is the best mother of pups I've ever seen,she has & still is superb with them

repeat mating then.? :)

Big gay boy Boots probably never mate anything again bud,he's had 4 bitches to him since he lined Fenn & covered none lol,I've a feeling this will be all he will ever produce but you never know I guess?

post-35225-0-36387800-1486933603_thumb.jpg

Big gay boy Boots probably never mate anything again bud,he's had 4 bitches to him since he lined Fenn & covered none lol,I've a feeling this will be all he will ever produce but you never know I guess?

people must think alot of him then and i think you wrote that he's been one of your best.have you thought about taking straws off him.?

people must think alot of him then and i think you wrote that he's been one of your best.have you thought about taking straws off him.?

No not given it much thought to be honest mate,just been busy enjoying working him..He's a lovely dog to have around,fantastic temperament,big powerful unit of a dog,fantastic hunter & a dog that can work things out for himself in an aid to help him catch,he's been no one trick pony that's for sure,he don't mess around whilst running,he's a fast aggressive runner with a great mouth on him,very sensible dog & not a bother amongst other dogs etc has fantastic feet,a great jacket on him,jump anything..He really doesn't have too many flaws although these days his retrieve has gone out the window at least with the majority of his catches if I'm honest.Hes handy alright & I'm sure his offspring will have a great chance of being his equal or even better given the chance..Time will tell I guess matey

No not given it much thought to be honest mate,just been busy enjoying working him..He's a lovely dog to have around,fantastic temperament,big powerful unit of a dog,fantastic hunter & a dog that can work things out for himself in an aid to help him catch,he's been no one trick pony that's for sure,he don't mess around whilst running,he's a fast aggressive runner with a great mouth on him,very sensible dog & not a bother amongst other dogs etc has fantastic feet,a great jacket on him,jump anything..He really doesn't have too many flaws although these days his retrieve has gone out the window at least with the majority of his catches if I'm honest.Hes handy alright & I'm sure his offspring will have a great chance of being his equal or even better given the chance..Time will tell I guess matey

In a few sentences you make me realise im not alone in what i take for granted in a jukel,geez we are not alone.I cannot believe i did,nt send you a card and flowers this morning.

Edited by morton
  • Like 1

I know you said in previous post you were nt keeping pup back but after watching them has 1 took your eye and had change mind ?

There's several pups that's caught my eye but I'm still not keeping one back,I've plenty of dogs mate,Don is 8 next month,blind in one eye,had a broken leg,he's finished but he's earned his retirement,Fenn is 5 so she too has probably had her finest hours & although I walk,feed her etc she is my lads bitch so she will be going nowhere fast I don't think? Boots will also be 5 this year,he suffered an horrendous injury to his wrist almost 11 weeks ago & he still isn't right although he's still managed to catch a few odds & sods whilst not being 100% sound,I'm not sure if he will ever be as he once was to be honest,then there's the young dog Mario he will be 18 months old next week,very immature dog,he's a superb looking animal but if I'm honest I don't think he will be on par with Boots at most aspects of lurcherwork but for what he is bred to run he will be handy enough,the dog has bottomless staying power,he belongs to one of my lads too & again I walk,feed the dog & be a general dogsbody to it along with the others I don't think he'd be getting shifted to allow one of the pups his kennel space? Being honest I'd not do one of the pups justice as I'm hanging up my leashes for good when I call an end to the season,my health just isn't good enough to allow me to graft the dogs to a decent level anymore so it will be game over for me,the dogs will just be my companions on short walks etc local to me where there's no game whatsoever not even a rabbit lol..They will get used to an easy life & will probably be grateful for it haha

• Like 2

and he's a looker.from what i've read fenn's been a good one too.might be worth thinking about taking straws over the summer.anyway quality pups,that photo of the pup must be just like boots at that age.

Off reading your threads and looking at condition of dogs it's a shame your down scaling what you do but like you say if you can't do pup justice it won't ever reach its true potential and that ain't far on the dog.You certainly seem to test your hounds its shame the way lurcher game turning out as lot lads who go about it properly dropping out game too. Hopefully we get to read about pups as they start there working life etc.