Not Making Grade

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i must admit,I put my heart and soul into my workers,and when they fail miserably I have no issues in putting them to sleep.I just cant walk out and feed ,clean ,and exercise a dog day in day out know

I reckon there's a few dogs that would refuse to work certain things if taken out of there comfort zone. Seen loads of dogs back down from a good fallow or good winter fox. Even seen some dogs jack be

nonsence! You can't put in what ain't there...

If not fast enough or low prey drive,anything else Ill work on or tolerate.But speed and drive essential.

Depends what your hunting ... how much speed and drive do you need for a ferreting dog ??? ......

Has anyone had a dog refuse to work in the past and been in the position above

Pre ban there would of been plenty of dogs that didn't have the correct attributes to tackle foxes they would jack and not fancy coming up close to them. If the dog was jacking on anything else its a complete shithouse, I have heard of collie x's that didn't jack but would try and pick and chose which rabbits they would run but I haven't seen this first hand.

Has anyone had a dog refuse to work in the past and been in the position above

I reckon there's a few dogs that would refuse to work certain things if taken out of there comfort zone. Seen loads of dogs back down from a good fallow or good winter fox. Even seen some dogs jack because of the Flint under there feet.if your out once a month lamping a few rabbits then you'd never find out what your dogs really got.

• Like 5

Had an 1/2 bull grey throw the towel in at just over 3 I'd seen the dog work from a youngster,took him off a friend ,that couldn't keep him ,then one day started barking ,was never the same dog again .

Just goes to show how easily gameness is lost when crossing Bulldogs with other breeds.

Had an 1/2 bull grey throw the towel in at just over 3 I'd seen the dog work from a youngster,took him off a friend ,that couldn't keep him ,then one day started barking ,was never the same dog again .

Just goes to show how easily gameness is lost when crossing Bulldogs with other breeds.

Just my opinion but people shouldnt always think its the greyhound that

produced the jacker.

Edited by green dragon

Just my opinion but people shouldnt always think its the greyhound that

produced the jacker.

God knows what Bull types are crossed with Greyhounds but you'll do well finding a game Greyhound that's for sure.

The only bulldogs/gamebirds and patterdales are game brigade will be along shortly so ye better edit the word to greyhound with courage or won't jack lol or there will be 10 pages about the definition of the word game ??

• Like 1