Queen's Dog To Be Banned

34 minutes ago, Gillaroo said:

Never heard of this the other way round - Springer FT winner or champion with a little bit of cocker somewhere in the DNA? Personally I gave up registering my springer pups with the KC three generations ago and have never had any trouble selling (on the rare occasions I have had a litter) or their working ability, temperament or fitness. I know which dogs I'm happy breeding with as I've seen them work day in day out either picking up or beating. Dogs are there to put in a shift, not show off their limited (I've swept up behind them on a shoot day) ability, reliance on the whistle rather than instinct and DNA test results to judges. I'm happy with a pint from the keeper at the end of the day rather than a rosette and a plastic trophy?

how true that is my dogs are there to find the ones pricked two fields behind the line, we get trialing men sometimes an all they want are the birds laying on the winter wheat in the open, and swap wheat for rape or sugar beat and we still get the call lol.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lot of speculation.   Yes, springer blood came into cockers and if it hadn't then we would not have cockers now that were as good as what we have.   I have cockers because i like them, they will d

They are only sprockers when they win. If they don't win they are cockers.

At this point, does it honestly change anything? I still don't really understand all the fuss over this cross breeding. There should be a cocker working standard and a springer working standard a

I still say that if outcrossing with a different breed gives an unfair advantage against a 'pure' then the breed in question f***ing well needs the outcross!

There should be a working standard..... the end. Blood purity means f**k all when the product is allegedly substandard.

• Like 1
On 26/09/2018 at 13:46, The one said:

LOL just wondering who at the palace is going to give Liz the bad news , " Ma'am ,Ian Openshaw has given you a mongrel they want the trophy back .

You can just hear old Lizzy now , “ well you can fcuk off and tell them they ain’t getting it back , and while your at it tell Openshaw I’ll have his fcuking head on a spike  the slippery  cnut “ ... ?