Welsh Language Looking For Some Simple Phrases

Especially from People in the North, I know the real basic stuff like Bora da etc and I can do numbers and colours and ask Sut wyt ti

Just wondering if there are any small talk phrases that are handy like it's a nice/horrible day and other things.

Before anyone thinks of teaching me to Say "Hello I am a giant f**king English penis" please note this is also for my 10 year old daughter so it wont go down well at school and you will get reported :D

Diolch!

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one day I said to my mate "the only things ever came out of wales was rugby players and hookers" he said "do you mind, my wife's welsh" I said "oh, what team does she play for?"

That coat my jacket?   Now in a minute   Those shoes my trainers?  

A heavily armed one

If you're going to try and integrate you could spell things right.....it's bore da! LOL

Diolch.

feck off....I'm not going to open my daughters red school book to check at this time of the night :D

If you're going to try and integrate you could spell things right.....it's bore da! LOL

Diolch.

feck off....I'm not going to open my daughters red school book to check at this time of the night :D

Stick to English butt, them gogs all sound like demented Daleks mun. LOL

You would have to ask the Gogs about that they speak a different Welsh to everyone else. How did you know I was from North Wales? Cos your talking through your fecking nothse thats how.

TC

Yeh although they teach South Walian in the schools to add to the confusion

Shwd mai - how are you

Tidy - when somethings good

Cer o ma - get out of here

Golew - in response to a greeting

Cer I gravi - literally translation is " go and scratch " but it's used like " f**k off"

I learned Shwmae but it turns out no one uses it up here.

The schools all teach in welsh here, she's going to a special language unit in January which is cool but I'm trying to do some with her

Just find out what's Welsh for giant fcuking penis and you,ll be fine but don't mention your English it's hard live that down.

Not had a problem so far, very nice and polite people

I can see where this thread is going to lead though ha ha

• Like 1