Welsh Language Looking For Some Simple Phrases

Good on you for trying to integrate your kid into the Welsh language. Chances are after school she may never use it but it's the national language and I think every kid should be made to learn it to whatever grade their capable of . It's a tortureus language to try and get a grip of as a adult. My Mrs and mum tried it but just couldn't get to grips with it . Kept looking for literal translations in sentences but most of the time their not there. My niece moved from England to north Wales and she found it real hard but she's fluent now and speaks it better then me . Especially in north Wales where the language is more commonly used it will help in social activities for her and generally Welsh people will be really impressed with anybody from England who learns the language

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one day I said to my mate "the only things ever came out of wales was rugby players and hookers" he said "do you mind, my wife's welsh" I said "oh, what team does she play for?"

That coat my jacket?   Now in a minute   Those shoes my trainers?  

A heavily armed one

Good on you for trying to integrate your kid into the Welsh language. Chances are after school she may never use it but it's the national language and I think every kid should be made to learn it to whatever grade their capable of . It's a tortureus language to try and get a grip of as a adult. My Mrs and mum tried it but just couldn't get to grips with it . Kept looking for literal translations in sentences but most of the time their not there. My niece moved from England to north Wales and she found it real hard but she's fluent now and speaks it better then me . Especially in north Wales where the language is more commonly used it will help in social activities for her and generally Welsh people will be really impressed with anybody from England who learns the language

• Like 1

She's just at that age where she will be ok hopefully, I want her to stay here if possible so it's more important...loads of the kids here leave and never come back.

I'll struggle as I'm a bit old and I had a bad enough time with French even though I spend 4 years in Algeria where they spoke no English.

It's a really nice language to listen to as well but you don't hear it get spoken up here so often as it's a seaside town full of pensioners and people who worked at the nuclear power station

Here's one, not sure of its the same in Gog mind:

Twll dyn bob sais!

:D

"arse holes to the english" or something?

She'll get a bloody detention!

You wait till you get some muslims lol....you'll be begging for us to come ha ha :D

• Like 1

I know she's young but if she ever tries to get a job in a school she will need Welsh

Aye my missus is a primary school, teacher so she's fecked....no worries though she doesn't want to work right now.

I agree though, there are plenty of jobs that require the language, I'd love her to stay here it's a great place and perfect to raise kids :) She has the accent down to a T though, we have many arguments about how to pronounce names or words ha ha :D Llanfechell is improbably difficult! I think I have it worked out now lol

Twll dyn bob sais!

You wait till you get some muslims lol....you'll be begging for us to come ha ha :D

Hey, we've been a top destination for you lot escaping for years now, especially from the Midlands! :laugh: The Chizzets we call 'em, all we hear in the shops round here in the summer are painful cries of: "'OW BLOODY MU'CHIZZET??" :laugh:

Twll dyn bob sais!

Hey, we've been a top destination for you lot escaping for years now, especially from the Midlands! :laugh: The Chizzets we call 'em, all we hear in the shops round here in the summer are painful cries of: "'OW BLOODY MU'CHIZZET??" :laugh:

To be fair I was a bit horrified at how many Mancs and Stockport types are down here....It's not exactly exotic is it :/

I wanted to be more inland in the sticks (even though we're quite remote here) but this is a good spot for my daughter.

All piss taking aside the kids round here are are a credit to their families and Amlwch which looks a bit rough and run down is the same....people are genuinely salt of the earth.....

I'm sure there's a few dodgy ones but it is like going back in time 30 or 40 years.

Twll dyn bob sais!

I was here is summer as well, this is one of the quietest coastal places on the Island but the scum that come here on holiday made my skin crawl......the language and behaviour of some of them was pretty shocking. I guess we're not typical of the 'blow ins' I used to shoot here in winter but we only ever holidayed here a couple of times in our lives and mosts on the other side of the island.

Anyway it's nice and quiet here now we have a few months to enjoy lol