F1 Rosberg Quit

I know nothing about Formula 1 but a mate of mines been driving me mad all day moaning about this Rosberg geezer reckons he,s bottled it,apparently next season is going to be much tougher physically for drivers fitness wise ?.....he was giving off about sportsmen being so well paid they can just reach the top and quit without needing to further their career and actually earn a living anymore.......does make sense they do say your not a true champion until you have defended your title in any sport so you have to question the guys competitiveness....but again i know nothing about the sport.

Really shocked but I reckon he knew he won the title because of hamiltons mechanical failures and could not get the same throw of the dice again. He knows he will always be 2nd to Hamilton. Forget all the BS about leaving at the top HE Bottled it.

Can't see it being Alonso so anyone remember their last pairing at McClaren?

Doubt very much Redbull will let Verstappen go especially with the new cars next season they may have one of the fastest cars on the grid so why would he want to go anyway?

Would have liked to have seen Button or Massa given one final swan song in a top car instead of the also rans I wonder if they would have retired if they would have known?

It was a bit of a shock but hey he's got money, young family so totally his call, casey stoner done the same in moto gp while being top of his sport, Mercedes telling Hamilton to speed up for the win totally screwed my brain as he did a great job staying safe and infront to try and win title, Mercedes you totally lost the plot.

dont blame the fella really. he has a large amount of money, a young family and they do risk their lives every time the get behind the wheel. i know the cars are much safer than years ago when hunt etc were racing but its still very dangerous.

good luck to him i say