Tight Places

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got lucky. A fox in tight place, terriers loose with no collars on and no shovel to hand can often result in tears..

I'd a black bitch in the 90s that was only 10 months old she'd never seen anything. I was out walking her on land I thought I knew well, she put a fox out of a double ditch and chased it over a hill.

Lead walking on all land you mean, you only think you know places well until you have a terrier running loose one day and it disappears only for you to find its working away underground somewhere you'

Posted Images

I'd say because there's something lacking if they'll only work fox.

A terrier lacking because it can only work fox!,ill have your cast offs.
Do you think there isn't something lacking if they'll only work a fox?

I could easily live with such a terrier.
I didn't slate such a dog. I said they're handy but aren't to breed off or strive towards.

I don't think we're reading from the same hymn sheet.

• Like 1

And it's produced a better overall terrier IMO. Can't beat a handy sized fox bitch, but that's where they end. They're not something to breed from or aim towards.

At one time terriers were bred to be work specific,if they were not work specific they were never bred from.Now many a terrier is useful only because of the technology it wears and the owner utilises.I prefer a terrier thats bred to work without the assistance of batteries and one that is safer because of the technology utilised to assist it and not make up for what it lacks.
You for real lol.Doubling up dogs is the ultimate sin and reflects on your standards not the dogs .As for having a jibe at mute dogs lacking ,its obvious you know nothing about single handed terrier work .

Maybe your experiences would be better shared in the bushing section where youd be a hero.

If you worked your terriers single handed ,you'd no doubt be in a better position with the stock you now have .

I worked a Beddy single handed for 4 seasons,that was an hard slog and she,s the only dog ive retired at home,ever,she earned it.Id not breed from a mute dog as i see that as a major flaw in its ability to work as id wish a terrier to work,id prefer to breed from a bolting sounder than a mute shovel assist.If my sins are that i want a bolter above an assisted terrier then ill admit guilt and will just have to learn to live with my folly,ill warrant my folly see,s a tad more graft,especially below,than the average assisted mute.

I'd say because there's something lacking if they'll only work fox.

A terrier lacking because it can only work fox!,ill have your cast offs.
Do you think there isn't something lacking if they'll only work a fox?

I could easily live with such a terrier.
I didn't slate such a dog. I said they're handy but aren't to breed off or strive towards.

I don't think we're reading from the same hymn sheet.

Its a while since i took mass.

And it's produced a better overall terrier IMO. Can't beat a handy sized fox bitch, but that's where they end. They're not something to breed from or aim towards.

At one time terriers were bred to be work specific,if they were not work specific they were never bred from.Now many a terrier is useful only because of the technology it wears and the owner utilises.I prefer a terrier thats bred to work without the assistance of batteries and one that is safer because of the technology utilised to assist it and not make up for what it lacks.
You for real lol.Doubling up dogs is the ultimate sin and reflects on your standards not the dogs .As for having a jibe at mute dogs lacking ,its obvious you know nothing about single handed terrier work .

Maybe your experiences would be better shared in the bushing section where youd be a hero.

If you worked your terriers single handed ,you'd no doubt be in a better position with the stock you now have .

I worked a Beddy single handed for 4 seasons,that was an hard slog and she,s the only dog ive retired at home,ever,she earned it.Id not breed from a mute dog as i see that as a major flaw in its ability to work as id wish a terrier to work,id prefer to breed from a bolting sounder than a mute shovel assist.If my sins are that i want a bolter above an assisted terrier then ill admit guilt and will just have to learn to live with my folly,ill warrant my folly see,s a tad more graft,especially below,than the average assisted mute.
Lol Assisted ,what your referring to us the digging dog in general ain't it mate . Guess its you not a fan of graft therefore your dogs follow suit .You keep every one of your bolts and I'll raise you a single dig to a single handed worker any day .Its about years of breeding to stayers not the mob handed third rate terriers you write of .
  • Like 1

Lol Assisted ,what your referring to us the digging dog in general ain't it mate . Guess its you not a fan of graft therefore your dogs follow suit .You keep every one of your bolts and I'll raise you a single dig to a single handed worker any day .Its about years of breeding to stayers not the mob handed third rate terriers you write of .

Its far harder to breed a kennel of honest baying bolters than it is to breed a kennel of digging terriers,i find a baying bolter see,s far more graft in a season or 6 than its dug to cousin,ive had a right and left foot in both camps and appreciate a mutt that spends more time at the coal face than convalescing.A baying bolter,especially if he or she bushes as well,does far,far,far more graft than the average dug to one trick pony.Id rather have 3 3rd rate terriers than 1 with an ego.

• Like 1

Am I being wound up here cos its working .Your bayers are two a penny Mort ,breed me a stayer and you have my attention

Find me a litter of terriers bred to bay and bolt.I could own a digging terrier readily around here,id struggle to find a proper terrier.