Brushing Dogs Advice

green dragon

Alright guys after doing a couple weeks working with hound iv decided i need a brushing dog for next year.iv been thinking of some form of terrier .so i was thinking what do you guys rekermend. A lad i know keeps telling me to get a bedy whippet and he seys it brushes any cover like a spainial and is quick anuf to catch when anything beakes cover so i like to here your opions atb gd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

an old English sheepdog must be the best brushing dog ... Dulux have used them for years ......

You're probably best see a few types work mate. Where abouts are you? I will happily show you this bull X cocker of mine working. Be worth seeing a full spaniel aswel so you can get an idea of differe

Bit like inviting severe herpesvirus into your underpants imo

My beddy whippet never used to be that big a fan of cover she was ok. But not great. My present dog who is 26 inches is more inclined to hit the cover to be honest. But others on here there's are great in cover so bit of luck involved I guess. If I wanted one I would go the spaniel types just going by what I have seen on here

A terrier would be a risk around my area seeing as its the local holiday spot for badgers

• Like 1

Nice one guys. i do like the look of gaz and tommys bull cockers they look like proper animals. my lurcher dose ok in cover but its not his job lol i do like spaniels we had a springer as a pet growing up and she was a good dog i just like the look of terriers lol but terrry your probly write it couls be a bit of a prroble is it kept going to ground

Nice one guys. i do like the look of gaz and tommys bull cockers they look like proper animals. my lurcher dose ok in cover but its not his job lol i do like spaniels we had a springer as a pet growing up and she was a good dog i just like the look of terriers lol but terrry your probly write it couls be a bit of a prroble is it kept going to ground

You're probably best see a few types work mate. Where abouts are you? I will happily show you this bull X cocker of mine working. Be worth seeing a full spaniel aswel so you can get an idea of differences. I wouldn't have another terrier for bushing. They are bang on at the job but a liability when they start dropping to ground.

• Like 4

If you are sett on getting a terrier I would try and bring it on with other bushing dogs I failed with a couple of terriers trying to get them to bush wile my lurchers were running about unlike my first spanial that just flew into working cover from a young age despite the distraction of the lurchers running about.

• Like 1

Just get a dog thats meant for bushing. All these other types i wouldnt bother with... stick with what works for others. Spaniel springer or cocker. Or a cocker patt. Springer patt ect. Sprocker russell the list goes on

What other types wouldn't you bother with? Beagle spaniels? They are spoken highly of by the lads who've seen them graft.