Might Sound Like A Daft Question

Most 3 gun cabinets will take half a dozen shotguns if you top and tail them.

In contrast, if its normal depth and not an extra deep you'd be lucky to fit in a scoped rifle and an o/u 12 bore without them knocking against each other.

The firearm dept will know what size of cabinet you have from your FEO's visit , when you send your new paper work back to them , they might give you a phone call

Atb

Yep, best check with your FEO. I have a 10 gun vault, called FEO who came out and wrote `good for 15` on his paperwork.

What does it matter how many guns it's supposed to take as long as they are locked away?

The FEO could write "good for one gun only" on it, but if you can get 10 in there locked away, then you're doing your bit.

I don't think my FEO even knows how many guns my cabinets are supposed to hold.

The firearm dept will know what size of cabinet you have from your FEO's visit , when you send your new paper work back to them , they might give you a phone call

Atb

Yep, best check with your FEO. I have a 10 gun vault, called FEO who came out and wrote `good for 15` on his paperwork.

It doesn't matter a jot what size the cabinet lists at, or what any FEO writes down, or tells you about how many it holds. He is flexing muscles he doesn't have!

If you can get 20 guns in a 3 gun cabinet its legal. The FEO has no control on gun numbers in any cabinet, there is no legal requirement for him to know your cabinets listed quantity or for him to dictate to you how many you can get in.

Any other suggestion from him is BS, if in doubt read this....... https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/117636/firearms-security-handbook.pdf

:yes::thumbs:

• Like 1