So These...

So. I know I've been bangin on about a rifle to get next... and I've narrowed it down to the following. All new. Thoughts please, being as you lot of slags are the closest I know to the subject.

HW80 .22 - I own a 97 in .22 far from standard, but I do, so it's a bit of the same in terms of weight and firing cycle. Preference.

HW99S .22 - will need some work. A lot. Too light? Had one for a month or so. Really nice actually. Custom though.

LGV .177 - beech stock is utter shit. Everything else, bang on. Lowish on power... luck of the draw. Ugly re the wood work.

TX/PS - caliber doesn't matter but looking towards a .177 as it's close to my 97 if I get a .22 with underlever cocking. Had a PS. Mint but... had one.

Fenman .177/.22 .177 is harsh .22 is... perfect. Ideally a .20 really. But are unicorns for a good one. Gas ram = time to get used too. Preference. Had one.

Sirocco - as above

Webley tracker (don't know why, nostalgia) rare, is good, but harsh firing cycle. Did I say rare?

As an xtra. Fenman, sirocco and tracker I'll need to wait for. Annoyingly. General consensus is I like older rifles that everyone doesn't own more so. Which is why I prefer the older makes... it's nice to have 'something else'.

• Like 1

As much as it pains me to say it Rez (and no doubt ill get some shit for it)

get the tx in 177 with a walnut stock

you all ready have one of the best hw,s money can buy

you have had the pro sport

so get the tx i think it would suit you no end mate

BUT AS WE ALL WAYS SAY TO THE NEW LADS

GET YOUR SELF OFF TO THE RFD,S AND SHOULDER A FEW TO SEE WHAT SUITS YOU

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hmmm. Some choices there Rez. I love my 99 to bits. My PS was lovely, but I prefer the 99. I've put about £30 into tuning it. If you would like to borrow it, to give you another angle on the 99 as you have tried an sfs one, let me know.

My second choice would be the Walther, but I have a limited experience with the LGV, but it was just insanely smooth and it was an untouched factory job.

You boys are f'kin diamonds lads. The offers of letting me borrow some of your rifles is just something else.

WHAT A FORUM to be part of.

Still thinking anyway, and will be for sometime. The TX and Walthers are appealing, but so is another Fenman. God sake. And Ive always wanted an 80y, but Id have to stick a CS500 unit on it.

Same problem Marks got. Choice!

• Like 1

Talking about webley's I had an old brummie Stingray in 22 which I gave £50 for;it was stripped polished and relubed and would take a flies nads off at 25mtrs but as usual my mate bugged me to sell as his father in law was after a gun, another I wish I had kept

Same here, sold mine four weeks ago, tuned by a friend of my lad's, accurate as you like, quiet and lovely to shoot......... :doh:

Talking about webley's I had an old brummie Stingray in 22 which I gave £50 for;it was stripped polished and relubed and would take a flies nads off at 25mtrs but as usual my mate bugged me to sell as his father in law was after a gun, another I wish I had kept

Not thought about a Stingray, so good call... just done a search on the web for them, jesus there a good looking rifle. I do understand this one has had custom work though.

Like a combination of a Fenman and a HW :D

post-94709-0-33521800-1479300929_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Not thought about a Stingray, so good call... just done a search on the web for them, jesus there a good looking rifle. I do understand this one has had custom work though.

Like a combination of a Fenman and a HW :D

attachicon.gifStingray.jpg

Out of likes rez :thumbs:

that sting ray stock has the look of an old raider about it

i like that i like it a lot

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: