Does Anyone Camo Hide In The Field Without An Hide To Shoot Rabbits

if so how do you go about doing it ? without a hide ? rabbits are very weary...., im going out first thing this morning, to try and hide amoungst the old left over harvest..... ect,.... and if woods so be it, but going to give it a try :thumbs: , ill let you know how i get on, atb FT

• Like 1

Just use my nato jacket. Prone. Job done. They aint got the best eyesite to be honest, nothing compared to pigeons or corvids.

Been on some shoots that jacket

if it could talk it could tell some tails :laugh:

int that right Rez :yes:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Just use my nato jacket. Prone. Job done. They aint got the best eyesite to be honest, nothing compared to pigeons or corvids.

Indeed. Its seen more dead things than Himmler.

• Like 2

Indeed. Its seen more dead things than Himmler.

feckin sicko!!! :gunsmilie:

• Like 1

I make a quick screen of twigs and grasses in front of me to lie prone behind. But not by any means, often on my shooting forays. I use a German Army Flecktarn jacket and an old face/head net I've had for years which is very effective when you consider the average rabbits' eyesight is not that great and they see only in Black and White monochrome anyway. So wildly expensive and elaborate cammo clothing is a waste of good money to me. You just need a disruptive pattern cammo jacket, some comfy trousers and a headnet to reduce your facial skin colour from shining in the evening sunlight. Just get laid up prone at side of hedgerows in the grass and use dips and little rises in the ground.

I use hefty spring rifles most of my field shooting for rabbits. So, I use a realtree cammo beany seat to rest my forearm on and comfortably support my rifle at my shoulder for hours behind a quick and ready screen. As you get more familiar with the lie of the land on your permission, you soon start finding and using good cover spots to move to and from. As long as you are low, quiet and still and comfortable in your position, with decent disruptive cammo to blend your outline into the surrounding foliage and grasses as far as possible, you are bound to get a good day's shooting in.

Never fails for me.

• Like 4

I make a quick screen of twigs and grasses in front of me to lie prone behind. But not by any means, often on my shooting forays. I use a German Army Flecktarn jacket and an old face/head net I've had for years which is very effective when you consider the average rabbits' eyesight is not that great and they see only in Black and White monochrome anyway. So wildly expensive and elaborate cammo clothing is a waste of good money to me. You just need a disruptive pattern cammo jacket, some comfy trousers and a headnet to reduce your facial skin colour from shining in the evening sunlight. Just get laid up prone at side of hedgerows in the grass and use dips and little rises in the ground.

I use hefty spring rifles most of my field shooting for rabbits. So, I use a realtree cammo beany seat to rest my forearm on and comfortably support my rifle at my shoulder for hours behind a quick and ready screen. As you get more familiar with the lie of the land on your permission, you soon start finding and using good cover spots to move to and from. As long as you are low, quiet and still and comfortable in your position, with decent disruptive cammo to blend your outline into the surrounding foliage and grasses as far as possible, you are bound to get a good day's shooting in.

Never fails for me.

what do you think of the weirhrach hw90 gas ram air rifle ?

i think we take too much stuff as it is and if your out by a few yards you have to upstage it and move but with good cammo clothes you just resit your self where you want half the time i just drive up to a gateway and shoot out the car window

• Like 1

I prefer stalking to waiting. Plus I tend to fall asleep or forget why I have gone out there.

My fields are reasonably level but with undulations. I can usually get quite close to the ground.

If you miss though and you are prone, well that really is where you think, have I got the right gun?

Multishot PCP, no problem, break barrel roll to the side and reload and hope you haven't made too much of a show.

Underlever- well. HW97, not too bad as it has a wide aperture to get the pellet in. But it is a big gun.

ProSport, okay I dropped the pellet, I will try another.

TX200, blast it dropped the pellet, turn the gun over to get the pellet out. Where did that rabbit go?

So TX200, it is so accurate so you don't have to take a second shot.

My fields are open grassland, bordered by dry stone walls. No trees, no hedges. Sometimes there will be a hay ring (feeder) that you can leave in a handy spot. But really, unless you can have a hide there for weeks, it is stalking only.

Cammo? Well it depends what I was wearing when I spotted that rabbit.

Footwear. My paraboots are really comfy but they creak when I walk, so it is usually DMs or wellies

Pesky

• Like 1

Never fails for me.

what do you think of the weirhrach hw90 gas ram air rifle ?

Very good rifle. I have a mate who uses one and he swears by his!

• Like 1