D Lloyd Lamps

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once you have tried thermal NV it will blow your mind how much stuff you have missed with just lamping

I will drop you a PM now mate. I'm up for that. D Lloyd sent me the 120 in exchange for a honest review on here and he knows I won't lie. If your halogen shows the LED up then I will be the first to c

Picked up the DL 120 Gamekeeper from D.Lloyd on here.   It arrived 2 days after I sent the money and i have to say - what a piece of kit!! Technology really is at its finest on this lamp. Very tigh

Keepers and bullet gun men been using them thermal imagers a while now I've looked through them meself and no doubt have been seen through one a few times lol night vision and thermal imaging will deffo change the lamping game in a couple years

mik how you going about this nightsite vs the led vs the halogen thing. i can get my hands on a real good thermal imaging camera and wouldnt mind giving it a go one night.

i think i would expect to see less rabbits in some places as soon has i put a lamp on because the lamp shy ones will go straight away whilst i am looking in other parts of the field thus making me think i cant see them where i could with the nightsite/thermal imaging kit.

Once you have tried thermal NV it will blow your mind how much stuff you have missed with just lamping

i may just give it a go one night mate.

I've just brought the pulsar xq50 what a piece of kit it is on a good windy night you can smack your quarry on its arse before it even knows your there ideal for round by me where everything is lamped to death before the season starts

A mate of mine got the 50 its a good bit of kit ...I wouldnt be without thermal NV now anyone who has never tried it you would not believe the amount of stuff going about you miss with the lamp even close up

I've just brought the pulsar xq50 what a piece of kit it is on a good windy night you can smack your quarry on its arse before it even knows your there ideal for round by me where everything is lamped to death before the season starts

A mate of mine got the 50 its a good bit of kit ...I wouldnt be without thermal NV now anyone who has never tried it you would not believe the amount of stuff going about you miss with the lamp even close up

It's a different level mate the amount of game you see I've had to change my way of lamping to suit it no filter for spotting just straight up to the quarry lamp on dogs slipped the dogs have clicked straight away which makes it a lot easier as well definitely the way forward and I'd say a good way of poaching without being seen as the lamp is on for a very short period in and out so to speak not that I go poaching ?When you take it out with other lads and tell them there's no quarry in the field and they still give it a shine ?

• Like 1

I was out a few weeks ago on my own in the truck lampin rabbits in wheat stubble with the .22 and the dog ....the stubble was quite long and I was spotting with the NV then shineing the roof mounted truck where the rabbit was and even looking through the scope a lot of the time you coulndt see the rabbit ...most were flappers and got with the dog ...the dog has become very good at this he has confidence in where ever i shine the middle of the beam there is something there...ended up with 34 rabbits out of 2 fields in no time at all ....the last field I parked up the truck and walked about ...it a big 45 acre field and when you shone the lamp nothing but with the NV loads of green dots where the rabbits were lying up and like I say the dog has become good .

I dont use the lamp at all whether in the truck or walking all spotting is done with the NV ...I know 2 guys that have truck mounted NVs with the screen inside the truck ....these are good bits of kit you can pick up rabbits at km away ...it takes a bit of getting used to indetifying quarry at a distance but you soon master it

• Like 1

No faffing with the xq50 mate and no ones suggesting you buy anything

I've been out a couple of times with nv, can be a bit of faffing at times trying to focus or line up ir torch lens etc. When it works it works, and I'd imagine £3000 kit is better than the ones I've seen , are you suggesting we can all go out and spend that? Most of d Lloyd's lamps are under a ton. I can't justify buying a blitz and lithium, but I could get myself a £70 kit. It's like saying a rangerover is better than a jimny

No faffing about about you are on about IR night vision huge difference between that and thermal just like the difference between LED lamps and halogen ....no one is telling you to buy anything

That was like an echo, I was making the point that this topic is about d Lloyd's and you seem to be comparing to a 3k setups.

Threads evolve so why did you mention IR nv

Edited by MIK