Christian Couple In Adoption Row....

You make good points, gentlemen, and put like that, it's difficult to disagree......but I can't escape this feeling that it's just 'wrong' somehow. Difficult to put into words, which isn't normally a problem I have !

I know we've blurred the lines, and I agree with your original post. That child shouldn't have been disrupted that way. I just think we should be looking out for what's best for the kids.

Does anyone know if kids are asked how they would feel about being adopted by a gay couple ?

Not sure but I would imagine the very youngest would struggle to articulate themselves. The traditional family structure isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be. Flip of a coin divorce rate, and I know we've all seen shocking instances of parenting from all walks of life. So given the alternative if it opens up options for more kids to leave social services and given a shot at a stable family structure I'm all for it.

but that just sounds like either, or!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me its the ultimate in forcing beliefs on someone......a child in this case....... theres absolutely no reason whatsoever to put a kid in that position where such a controversial thing is thrust up

Same Body (social services) that have covered up the rape of children for political / religious reasons I.e. Rotherham ect ect ect , turned a blind eye to kids being abused & eventually murdered (

Today there was a debate on breakfast tv asking if there should be more education on transgenders. Well I can assure my wee boy won't be going to school that f***ing day anyway.

Allowing gay couples to adopt has opened up the amount of available adoptive parents? No?

If you have more children in care, than you do adoptive parents, you're fighting an uphill battle in child welfare? No?

If you allow previously unqualified [legally] people to foster, you remove more children from care and give them a shot at a loving upbringing?

Would you rather they stayed in care, or have that shot at a family regardless of the sexuality of the parents? If not why?

I ask because I'm genuinely curious. Again I'd rather see kids fostered/adopted by people that care, than left with a packed to the rafters social services alternative that has some dark, dark, skeletons.

Edited by ChrisJones

You make good points, gentlemen, and put like that, it's difficult to disagree......but I can't escape this feeling that it's just 'wrong' somehow. Difficult to put into words, which isn't normally a problem I have !

I know we've blurred the lines, and I agree with your original post. That child shouldn't have been disrupted that way. I just think we should be looking out for what's best for the kids.

And that Chris is why people get pissed off , it's never what's best for the kids it's what's best for there standing in todays FUKCED UP society !!

Allowing gay couples to adopt has opened up the amount of available adoptive parents? No?

If you have more children in care, than you do adoptive parents, you're fighting an uphill battle in child welfare? No?

If you allow previously unqualified [legally] people to foster, you remove more children from care and give them a shot at a loving upbringing?

Would you rather they stayed in care, or have that shot at a family regardless of the sexuality of the parents? If not why?

well in this case the council need to shake there heads i am sure there are plenty of hetrosexual couples more than willing and able to look after children .that would be my first choice like i said eirlier you dont need a degree in astro pysics to see wich side the council rep bats for in this case regardless im not that confortable with the option of gays adopting kids they forfited the right to have kids when they made a choice to have single sex relation

• Like 1

And that Chris is why people get pissed off , it's never what's best for the kids it's what's best for there standing in todays FUKCED UP society !!

I fully understand, and it's fully justified rage too.

There are 65million people in Britain so why isn't anyone doing anything about it? How many heterosexual families, on this forum, will step in and adopt/foster to address the balance?

I won't step up so I'm not going to look down on anyone that wants to give another a fair crack at it.

• Like 1

well in this case the council need to shake there heads i am sure there are plenty of hetrosexual couples more than willing and able to look after children .that would be my first choice like i said eirlier you dont need a degree in astro pysics to see wich side the council rep bats for in this case regardless im not that confortable with the option of gays adopting kids they forfited the right to have kids when they made a choice to have single sex relation

Some of that I can agree with. This particular article has left me shaking my head wondering just what the f**k they were thinking. Again why isn't anyone doing anything about? We're all commenting, sure, but our activism is purely online...

You raise another point though. Where are all the heterosexual couples lining up to adopt all these kids, in care?

Some of that I can agree with. This particular article has left me shaking my head wondering just what the f**k they were thinking. Again why isn't anyone doing anything about? We're all commenting, sure, but our activism is purely online...

You raise another point though. Where are all the heterosexual couples lining up to adopt all these kids, in care?

Too answer your last paragraph.,.,,they are out there. 20 years ago doing my apprenticeship I worked with a guy who done a bit of fostering. It was a weekend based thing where him and his wife and 2 kids would look after 2 young boys. They did this for a number of years.

They then decided to go into full time adoption but the rules and regulations were so much that they decided against it and stopped it all together.

Now I understand that people need vetted but surely someone already in the process of helping kids in care would sail through this process.

To me its the ultimate in forcing beliefs on someone......a child in this case....... theres absolutely no reason whatsoever to put a kid in that position where such a controversial thing is thrust upon them and almost forced to grow up accepting something they may otherwise not accept.......lets have it right we have people desperate to adopt kids in this country but if they,ve done something a little bit naughty in the past that will never have any effect on the child thats it bang they are off the list.......you cant use children for these trendy social experiments its just wrong.

• Like 7
Too answer your last paragraph.,.,,they are out there. 20 years ago doing my apprenticeship I worked with a guy who done a bit of fostering. It was a weekend based thing where him and his wife and 2 kids would look after 2 young boys. They did this for a number of years.

They then decided to go into full time adoption but the rules and regulations were so much that they decided against it and stopped it all together.

Now I understand that people need vetted but surely someone already in the process of helping kids in care would sail through this process.

Fair comment, Lab. So we have a dwindling number of potential parents and a growing number of kids going into the system?

It seems pretty f****d up that to give a fighting chance, to a child, you have to jump through so many hoops that you'll tire at the process, yet to have a kid in the first place all you need is a few seconds and a curry...

To me its the ultimate in forcing beliefs on someone......a child in this case....... theres absolutely no reason whatsoever to put a kid in that position where such a controversial thing is thrust upon them and almost forced to grow up accepting something they may otherwise not accept.......lets have it right we have people desperate to adopt kids in this country but if they,ve done something a little bit naughty in the past that will never have any effect on the child thats it bang they are off the list.......you cant use children for these trendy social experiments its just wrong.

Gnash, where are all these people lining up to adopt?!

Edited by ChrisJones

I fully understand, and it's fully justified rage too.

There are 65million people in Britain so why isn't anyone doing anything about it? How many heterosexual families, on this forum, will step in and adopt/foster to address the balance?

I won't step up so I'm not going to look down on anyone that wants to give another a fair crack at it.

Where not talking about needing people to adopt where talking about people who do adopt being ostricised , why for having an opinion that doesn't suit the establishment and at what cost . . Children being denied a normal British family life . . So the kids suffer & those playing God obviously put political opinions before what's best for the kids involved , the whole set up in a shambles , Pity that family couldn't shout "Racism" / ""Sexism" as that would Definetly work .
  • Like 1

spot on gnash :thumbs:

Where not talking about needing people to adopt where talking about people who do adopt being ostricised , why for having an opinion that doesn't suit the establishment and at what cost . . Children being denied a normal British family life . . So the kids suffer & those playing God obviously put political opinions before what's best for the kids involved , the whole set up in a shambles , Pity that family couldn't shout "Racism" / ""Sexism" as that would Definetly work .

Okay so how do you propose we fix the problem?

We still have too many kids in care, and not enough foster/adopting parents. I understand the outrage, in this case, but it's still not magicking up a list of heterosexual, normal British life, parents... Whatever they are in 2016!

Don't see a problem if they are vetted and seem suitable. Alot of these kids are up for adoption cos their parents were junkies or criminals or simply didn't want them. Would you rather they were left in that life or sitting waiting in care homes etc or with a gay couple male or female who could give them all the care they need ask yourself that

My brother is gay!

I have no problem with adoption of children without a good home.

But!

I have a massive problem with surrogate parents and kids for money.

• Like 1