Christian Couple In Adoption Row....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me its the ultimate in forcing beliefs on someone......a child in this case....... theres absolutely no reason whatsoever to put a kid in that position where such a controversial thing is thrust up

Same Body (social services) that have covered up the rape of children for political / religious reasons I.e. Rotherham ect ect ect , turned a blind eye to kids being abused & eventually murdered (

Today there was a debate on breakfast tv asking if there should be more education on transgenders. Well I can assure my wee boy won't be going to school that f***ing day anyway.

Today there was a debate on breakfast tv asking if there should be more education on transgenders.

Well I can assure my wee boy won't be going to school that f***ing day anyway.

• Like 4

Don't see a problem if they are vetted and seem suitable. Alot of these kids are up for adoption cos their parents were junkies or criminals or simply didn't want them. Would you rather they were left in that life or sitting waiting in care homes etc or with a gay couple male or female who could give them all the care they need ask yourself that

I would rather that these children had stayed with the couple who had loved and cared for them for several months, and wanted to adopt them as their own....rather than have them taken away because the foster parents views weren't liberal enough, and then have them barred from fostering ever again !

• Like 2

Don't see a problem if they are vetted and seem suitable. Alot of these kids are up for adoption cos their parents were junkies or criminals or simply didn't want them. Would you rather they were left in that life or sitting waiting in care homes etc or with a gay couple male or female who could give them all the care they need ask yourself that

I would rather that these children had stayed with the couple who had loved and cared for them for several months, and wanted to adopt them as their own....rather than have them taken away because the foster parents views weren't liberal enough, and then have them barred from fostering ever again !

Yep I agree the kids would have been fine with that couple. Bit I disagree with the couples opinion. If you twisted the situation. Say they had kids that for some reason were taken away from them and offered spend years in care or get adopted by a gay couple would their opinion change ? I think so

You might disagree with the couple, but don't they have a right to THEIR opinion ? They've now been told that they can't foster again....ever....just because their views aren't liberal enough !

I'm not a believer, and I have no issue with gays, but many people hold similar views to this couple - surely, to declare them as unfit parents, you need a bit more than "not being trendy enough" ?

you dont need a degree in astro pysics to see the side the social worker bats for in this case ..... gay parenting is acceptable and normal !! is it? not in my book .they made a choice to have single sex relationshionship. that doesnt make childred .....

• Like 4

As I've said, I have no issue with gays....but the idea of them bringing up children makes me uneasy.

It's not a "God thing", as I'm an atheist fundamentalist, but it just doesn't strike me as 'natural'....there is no physical way that two men can have a child of their own, so why do we facilitate it, and normalise something that so clearly isn't !

• Like 3

As I've said, I have no issue with gays....but the idea of them bringing up children makes me uneasy.

It's not a "God thing", as I'm an atheist fundamentalist, but it just doesn't strike me as 'natural'....there is no physical way that two men can have a child of their own, so why do we facilitate it, and normalise something that so clearly isn't !

my view exactly :thumbs:

Would you prefer gay adoptive parents, or an extended stay in care? I know that isn't the case in this particular story, and I agree with what you've posted, but now that gays are allowed to adopt, would the panel prefer a shot at a loving family or roll the dice with another Rotherham?

Same Body (social services) that have covered up the rape of children for political / religious reasons I.e. Rotherham ect ect ect , turned a blind eye to kids being abused & eventually murdered (baby P) , and these are the people who play God with kids in care because they have an opinion that doesn't suit there's , but I'd stake my life they'd not do this to a gay couple or a Muslim couple . . Fukcing Unreal how society has changed in the last 25yrs , what I'd call normal British families are now frowned upon !!

• Like 5

Sadistic people should not be custodians of children. That's across the board.

Whatever "system" is devised, the well being of the children should always be the highest of high priorities.

If that comes from a gay couple, christian couple, muslim couple, even a satanist couple, I have absolutely no issue with that.

Would you prefer gay adoptive parents, or an extended stay in care? I know that isn't the case in this particular story, and I agree with what you've posted, but now that gays are allowed to adopt, would the panel prefer a shot at a loving family or roll the dice with another Rotherham?

Kids in care with no parents or nobodybto show them love straight or gay isn't natural.

You make good points, gentlemen, and put like that, it's difficult to disagree......but I can't escape this feeling that it's just 'wrong' somehow. Difficult to put into words, which isn't normally a problem I have !

Does anyone know if kids are asked how they would feel about being adopted by a gay couple ?

I'm just thinking that if the child is very young, say 2 or 3, how can they express any form of opinion, let alone an informed opinion ?

You make good points, gentlemen, and put like that, it's difficult to disagree......but I can't escape this feeling that it's just 'wrong' somehow. Difficult to put into words, which isn't normally a problem I have !

I know we've blurred the lines, and I agree with your original post. That child shouldn't have been disrupted that way. I just think we should be looking out for what's best for the kids.

Does anyone know if kids are asked how they would feel about being adopted by a gay couple ?

Not sure but I would imagine the very youngest would struggle to articulate themselves. The traditional family structure isn't necessarily all it's cracked up to be. Flip of a coin divorce rate, and I know we've all seen shocking instances of parenting from all walks of life. So given the alternative if it opens up options for more kids to leave social services and given a shot at a stable family structure I'm all for it.