Syria, Who's Right And Who's Wrong?

From what I understand there's a greater threat of terrorism from Syria, Iraq and Libya now than before western interference, not to mention the increased poverty and suffering of the Syrian, Libyan and Iraqi people since Gaddafi and Saddam were overthrown and the attacks on Assad. I am sure bgd knows exactly what your saying dogfox he just likes to be a pest.

• Like 3

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

personally I think the west is arming every raving looney in the desert to overthrow Assad without getting there hands dirty, and Russia are helping an elected leader as written in most of the war law

The Middle East has thousands of years of tribal and family allegiances. Through marriage , political or military superiority. it is the way of the Society. The low levels of Education in Saudia one

The middle east is a bloody complicated place. Yes, to the outsider, the people are basic and simple but, they operate on a system of morals and honour that has become alien to us now.   Of course

lilly allen is on her way to say a big sorry to everyone on behalf of the uk :thumbs:

well I hope she trips and cuts her own head off on a blade. She does not speak for me ever. Another musician with a dwindling career turning left for help

but shes in tears lol
yes she is, probably because she can't fathom where it all went wrong, like geldof , she be getting a boat next and abusing white British folk on the Thames. With any luck she will sink

I thought strongmen dictators were supposed to keep things peaceful? Surely Assad has totally failed in that role?

Well say a big thank you to Western powers that sell arms to countries that support these rebels......

I see Iraq is paradise since Saddam was toppled...

So it's a mess with a dictator and a mess without one. OK then but that's not what you were saying a couple of posts ago?
There's a slight difference , with a dictator you know the rules whether there right or wrong its set in stone but without a dictator / ruler your living in a Wild West scenario , rebels killing anyone for anything , Iraq & Libya where ruled with an iron fist but there not now so is it better or worse for the man , women & children going about there daily lives I'm not sure , so I'd say a dictator isn't perfect but maybe its the better of 2 evils ??

ISIS seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the population in line and enforcing their rules with an iron fist, why don't we just let them have their caliphate if that's all that matters?

I would agree to that except they want to extend there caliphate to not only the middle east, but north Africa ,large parts of western asia parts of Europe including spain and Portugal, parts of the Balkans including Greece Romania Bulgaria and extend its territories as far as Austria ,they don't want much do they

• Like 2

Quick question to BGD, why does Assad still enjoy public support in Syria despite these atrocities he commits?????

He has support among the Alawites because they're his ethnic group and he hasn't been bombing the f**k out of them for the last 5 years.

You really think he has support of the majority of the citizens of Syria? Well if that's the case he won't need propping up by Russia and the West will he? I assume he'll be holding free and fair elections any day now to prove how popular he is among the population

The narrative you're pushing in this thread is incredibly contradictory, first he's a strongman dictator keeping hold of power by cracking down on the population with an iron fist and then he's a beloved elected leader with the support of huge swathes of the population, which is it?