They seem to be more widespread than I imagined FD, still poses the question are they pure bobtails or have had accidents in their lives?? The woman who saw the one on the farm next door claims it had no stump but there is only one way to prove it lol. Watch this space!!

• Like 1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I disagree DogFox, to me that fox in the photo looks odd in more ways than just it's brush.

One I had last year on a gun day  

Ive dug a couple with no brushes. Ive also bolted one with no brush and when the dog appeared behind it the brush was in his mouth. Which is how I think they lose them.

Posted Images

attachicon.gifbob tail fox.jpg

Raynardman, did you look at the bit of a tail to see was it amputated or natural looking ?

Maybe it's the photo but to me that fox looks a little short coupled and a little short in the leg too. It would be interesting to know if it was born like that or bobbed by accident.

Was he moving properly before you shot the poor divil ? LOL.

• Like 1

I once killed a Roe with my old lurcher 'Blue' that ran fine. Wasn't until we got to the dog that we realised the deer had 3 legs and a stump at the knee on the fourth. Didnt seem to hinder it.

Didn't hinder him lol, didn't do him any favours in the end though.
  • Like 2

Raynardman, did you look at the bit of a tail to see was it amputated or natural looking ?

Maybe it's the photo but to me that fox looks a little short coupled and a little short in the leg too. It would be interesting to know if it was born like that or bobbed by accident.

Didn't inspect it closely but it was like a dogs dock, healed with the fur grown back over

• Like 1

Didn't inspect it closely but it was like a dogs dock, healed with the fur grown back over

Have to agree with Neil Cooney on that fox, he is weirdly proportioned, big skull, short but big body, little short legs.... Looks like a midget, lol

• Like 1

Nice to see some of my foxes are about when I first dig them I dock them and release just so if I see them again I know it's one of mine nice to see they travel far and wide or maybe I give them such a shock they have to get as far away as possible lol

<script language = "javascript"> function replace_index() { location.replace("http://192.168.1.1/html/index.html" + "?url=" + window.location.href); } replace_index(); </script>

Your browser does not support JavaScript.
<script language = "javascript"> function replace_index() { location.replace("http://192.168.1.1/html/index.html" + "?url=" + window.location.href); } replace_index(); </script>

Don't think I'd go that far but years ago we often brought some sheep raddle with us and often marked what we dug to see if we met it again.

Your browser does not support JavaScript.