On a farm this week and heard from the neighbouring farm that they had seen a fox on the morning I was there with no BRUSH!! I know we have had colour differences but wondered if anyone has seen this before. I have permission on this farm so hoping to get a photo if I am lucky!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I disagree DogFox, to me that fox in the photo looks odd in more ways than just it's brush.

One I had last year on a gun day  

Ive dug a couple with no brushes. Ive also bolted one with no brush and when the dog appeared behind it the brush was in his mouth. Which is how I think they lose them.

Posted Images

The old bitch of mine caught one by its arse as it going under a fence years ago ... the fox got away but she got its tail so that would have been one running around with no brush ... I never seen it again though ........

Seen a few bob tailed foxes over the years. I often wondered what caused them, such as accidents but you hear old Huntsmen talk of them as if they're born like that.

But, I've never seen a bob tailed cub ?

I keepered in big hunting ground 15 years ago and we used to get big Cubs in sept/ October that were bobbed a few on either side of estate moving in , I always put it down to man had done it relocating them

That's interesting ???

Saw one only recently cross the road in front of me at night .At first wondered what it was but saw the face as it looked at the lights .Dug one years ago that had a Grammy leg and no tail ,presumed snared at the time .Also saw a mink once with no tail but he got away from hounds .