Collard Doves

We normally have a population of about 10 on our farm yard.over the last week or so there must be 3-400 appeared out of no where.do they migrate? We are very close to city centre and have had a feral pigeon problem for years. Over the last year i have trapped about 600 pigeons and havent seen any more so do you think now the pigeons are gone the doves have moved in?

Thanks

It's unbelievable really.its like the hitchcock film. Don't mind a few floating about but not this many.hopefully they're not staying

when the docks near me imported a lot of grain the trees in the area were white with them,there were literally tens of thousands of them, but have,nt seen them in those numbers for many years as coal and cars seem less attractive to them and that's what comes in through the docks nowadays, so I guess they have all fecked off to yours now

I've never seen or heard of them in that sort of quanity,we got a pair that live in the immediate area,always like seeing them about and the noise they make when on the roof together.

i have a pair nest in the garden every year, they are nice to see and hear, but when I was a young man they were great fun to shoot in the areas around the docks because even if you were a shit shot you would hit one even if it was not the one you were aiming at, they lived in a massive area of waste land just outside the dock gate, also used to shoot the ferals and sell the rings to the pigeon club, I think we got around 20/30p per ring which paid for our pellets so we could shoot more, even the docks in the centre of Bristol which are now full of trendy flats and wine bars, we could spend all day down there shooting ferals in the derelict warehouses, oh for my freedom back,

I've never seen or heard of them in that sort of quanity,we got a pair that live in the immediate area,always like seeing them about and the noise they make when on the roof together.

i have a pair nest in the garden every year, they are nice to see and hear, but when I was a young man they were great fun to shoot in the areas around the docks because even if you were a shit shot you would hit one even if it was not the one you were aiming at, they lived in a massive area of waste land just outside the dock gate, also used to shoot the ferals and sell the rings to the pigeon club, I think we got around 20/30p per ring which paid for our pellets so we could shoot more, even the docks in the centre of Bristol which are now full of trendy flats and wine bars, we could spend all day down there shooting ferals in the derelict warehouses, oh for my freedom back,

Went to that free exhibition/museum that was down bristol docks ,stopped at one of those snack kiosks thought I was going to have to sell one of the kids to pay for it,lol full of bohemian types.