The Kayak Adventure!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well the date finally came and Air gun Ant and lads from Cumbria embarked on a fair old journey to Devon for a weekend of Kayaking, rough camping and hopefully a fish or 2.     This trip was a cha

It was an excellent fishing trip thanks to Geth and Kev, top lads sorted everything all we had to do was show up!   Good luck with your row to Belgium fellas and thanks again.   P.s. What happene

Got Jonah down next summer, but we're planning on doing a couple of trips across the summer (time permitting), I'll put something on here early next year if any lads fancy it..

Posted Images

Brilliant write up Kev all I can say is thank you to you and geth for an amazing experience an look forward to seeing you both in the future thanks again

Cheers Andy, glad you had a good time mate, hopefully catch up next year... never know you might be bringing a bunny bashing dog down here.. :thumbs:

proper mans weekend.well done men.palmerhayes cider is that up by the hunter lodge pub.?

I'm not sure mate, we picked it up after digging the rag in the estuary, got it in Powderham farm shop.

That's one of the best write ups on here in a long while.

I'd say that group of mates will be remeniscing about that trip to Devon till they old bones .

Cheers Max,

They've all certainly gone back with a few tales that's for sure lol

• Like 1

Brill newkid, wtf is a guilthead? Are they edible?

Cheers Len

Its a type of sea bream, a summer visitor from the med, they are quite common in the Dart estuary and some of the small estuaries in Cornwall, but I've not seen them in the Exe estuary before, heard a few rumours over the last few years but this is my first experience personally..

They can grow to a decent enough size plus 5lb up to around 8lb (I think the records around 9lb somewhere??)... and yes they are lovely eating as are black bream, better than bass IMO, nearly as nice as gurnard!!

They'll be gone now though, I was suprised that they were still hanging about, but it's been very warm and the sea temperature is right up this year, the next month could throw a few very good bass if I had time to get after em!! lol

maxhardcore we certainly will be it was a trip of a life time with real genuine people that give up there time for charity and also other people top lads and look forward to 2017

Cheers Andy :thumbs:

Brill newkid, wtf is a guilthead? Are they edible?

Cheers Len

Its a type of sea bream, a summer visitor from the med, they are quite common in the Dart estuary and some of the small estuaries in Cornwall, but I've not seen them in the Exe estuary before, heard a few rumours over the last few years but this is my first experience personally..

They can grow to a decent enough size plus 5lb up to around 8lb (I think the records around 9lb somewhere??)... and yes they are lovely eating as are black bream, better than bass IMO, nearly as nice as gurnard!!

They'll be gone now though, I was suprised that they were still hanging about, but it's been very warm and the sea temperature is right up this year, the next month could throw a few very good bass if I had time to get after em!! lol

oh right mate, wouldn't mind hitting a few myself, haven't done much fishing this year fs, been too busy working, but roll on the winter for the big pike
  • Like 1

It's weekends like this that keep me sane. Life is lived too fast nowerdays, at least mine is lol......never have the time but love the odd weekend like this. The build up to it is as enjoyable as the do itself !......keep at it..

• Like 1