Acdx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done for taking time out to do some research,...anyone contemplating taking on a Cattle Dog composite needs plenty of determination...It is frequently,.emotional...   Facts are,..the first Cat

Hope this works

Posted Images

I've only had mine a few months.few of you may

remember i was saying how overweight she was.

this is when i got her

They are hard to keep the weight off unless you run them ALOT

true.problem was she was so fat she couldn't run far so its taken ages to slim her down and build her fitness up. Getting betterevery day

I've only had mine a few months.few of you may

remember i was saying how overweight she was.

this is when i got her

true.problem was she was so fat she couldn't run far so its taken ages to slim her down and build her fitness up. Getting betterevery day

you see a lot them that are kept for pets, very over weight, bit like labs.

I've only had mine a few months.few of you may remember i was saying how overweight she was.

this is when i got her

Yeah, in the John Holmes book he says they can "survive on an oily rag."

I've got an old Shooting News or Countryman's Weekly article written by somebody using a pure heeler for ferreting...I'll see if I can dig it out to recall the name and date. :hmm:

It was by Rob Graham and the bitch was called Holly and the article was written in March '97.

Mines got a high prey drive and will attempt to catch just about anything. They need an outlet to let of steam.if mine doesn't work cattle say on a Sunday and only gets a run she's super wound up to get at them Monday morning and is twice as aggressive to them as she normally is. So just a walk round the block or park for them as a pet must be absolute mental torture for them and I've seen one that found his own job in life which was attacking car wheels

• Like 3

Tempting..but I've got a collie greyhound that will prob outlive the cattle dog so dont really need another lurcher.i think we will use a collie and get some handy farm dogs then id be more tempted to use a greyhound over one of them

Seen some handy farm dogs that were collie x heeler,the sort i would prefer to sit an wait in the car till the farmer or wife came out,lol

• Like 1