Had The Chimney Swept Today :)

Had one come down my chimney last year, the door to the burner was open, the Starling tried to get out the window and smashed f**k out of it's self to the point of leaving bloody wing prints up the living room window, before my GSD violently murdered it on the wool carpet. The Mrs was not amused. So keep your doors shut when not in use. :laugh:

• Like 1

Good little mimics starlings are .

Something I really regret is the number of starlings I shot on the farm years ago. We grew up being told they were vermin that should be killed at every opportunity. It wasn't until my late twenties, when I hand reared two that had been found behind a fascia board on a roofing job, that I realized what a charming and engaging little bird they are. Beautiful plumage, real characters and like you say fantastic, and accurate mimics. Like I said, I have regrets.

dont beat yourself up mate anyone who was into any form of hunting 25/30 year ago has done the same, we used to shoot them and put them on a Y shaped stick to decoy in more, they were staple diet for the ferrets in the 80s, here comes a mimic snippet, starlings are a relation to mina birds, not sure if the mina is a starling or vies versa, but they are bro,s that's why they are good mimics
  • Like 2

Something I really regret is the number of starlings I shot on the farm years ago. We grew up being told they were vermin that should be killed at every opportunity. It wasn't until my late twenties, when I hand reared two that had been found behind a fascia board on a roofing job, that I realized what a charming and engaging little bird they are. Beautiful plumage, real characters and like you say fantastic, and accurate mimics. Like I said, I have regrets.

dont beat yourself up mate anyone who was into any form of hunting 25/30 year ago has done the same, we used to shoot them and put them on a Y shaped stick to decoy in more, they were staple diet for the ferrets in the 80s, here comes a mimic snippet, starlings are a relation to mina birds, not sure if the mina is a starling or vies versa, but they are bro,s that's why they are good mimics
I think the mynahs basically a big starling?

Like Greyman said, don't regret it. My county is one of the few places in the UK where you can still see the huge murmurations of them and they are still here in huge numbers. The huge free range chicken farm down the road from where I used to live looses thousands of pounds worth of feed to them every month. They are vermin still in some places, no matter how pretty they are individually or how good they mimic. Last I heard they had a Welsh Assembly licence to control themy there..