How Do You Know What Poundage Your Air Gun Is?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot at a yellow pages from 2 yards... if it goes through to the message parlours, its 11.7, if it goes past, its over 12 mate

It's a WHAT ???   Phil

As TC says, you'll need some kind of chrono to test it. I use a Combro - they're usually around £50 or, any decent RFD will be able to test it for you.   Have a browse on a few forums - you may wel

As TC says, you'll need some kind of chrono to test it.

I use a Combro - they're usually around £50 or, any decent RFD will be able to test it for you.

Have a browse on a few forums - you may well find that an HW90 runs better at a lower power.

I wouldn't know where to start adjusting a gas ram but, unless you have your ticket, I wouldn't advise trying to set it right on the 12ftlb limit.

Atb

• Like 1

You don't want it smack on 12 ftlb mate. Get it up to 11.2 ftlb and you'll always be under LEGAL limit. Have a look at v mach tuning kits etc. I've always found hawke to be a good all round air rifle scope for the money.

I don't think you can put a tuning kit in a gas ram, unless you remove the ram altogether, and I don't think they are adjustable for power either, I may be wrong but I thought it was a sealed unit a bit like a shocker off a car, that you just slide into the cylinder, ?

The power is adjustable on a gas ram, however Foxtails, you need to test the rifle with a number of different pellets, and find its maximum output, because if the police take it and test it they will use a variety to try and get it to go over the limit, for instance, lets say its doing 11ftlbs with H&N field target trophy, it may well go over the limit with Bisley magnums, as an example, so take it to a gunshop, get it tested, find its max output, if its well below the limit doing its maximum, then ask the gunshop to adjust the power a little closer to the limit, if its doing around 11ftlbs with a pellet it is accurate with, and not going over with anything else, then leave it alone and enjoy, a few foot ounces here or there wont make the slightest difference to the rabbit you have just headshot at 30 yards.

• Like 1