How Do You Know What Poundage Your Air Gun Is?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot at a yellow pages from 2 yards... if it goes through to the message parlours, its 11.7, if it goes past, its over 12 mate

It's a WHAT ???   Phil

As TC says, you'll need some kind of chrono to test it. I use a Combro - they're usually around £50 or, any decent RFD will be able to test it for you.   Have a browse on a few forums - you may wel

Yeah sorry I meant replace it with spring/piston etc.

i spoke to the gun dealers in newport about this and they said it would under value the gun, i havent had it tested of its lb age, but the weihrauch theoben is ment to to a good air rifle, iv just bought some scopes for it, but need some advice ect ect...

they dont do the yellow pages anymore do they ? its a blue half the size...book now :hmm: so anymore ideas ?

Im not sure to be honest. Good question...

No books are printed now as the internet has taken over completely.

I`ve dealt with the Thomsons Local for years.

Thanks for that insight Mark. Knew you'd know.

Following on from an earlier post regarding police testing. This came up in a discussion a little while ago so I contacted my local firearms office to ask if a situation came up where for example the police were called because somebody had reported ' a gun is being used'. So what tests would be done to establish if this gun was within the law, do you test the gun with the pellets being used or use a selection of your own pellets knowing that a heavy pellet may push the gun over the limit.

The officer understood my concerns and said they would always use our pellets being used, if there were none available, then they would use a selection of their own including heavy pellets so the moral of that is to ensure you carry WITH you, a number of spare pellets ready for testing should the situation come up.

Phil

• Like 1