The Gun You'll Never Sell - The Keeper

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am inspired by the HW80 thread, a gun I have never owned but maybe one day...   My keeper is a .22 HW35. Circa 1983, I bought this when I still had my BSA Meteor and Vulcan Custom. i used to argue

Proberly the bottom left

Oh no Phil, what have you done?   .......... it'll end up like a drunken shag with a fat bird - You'll regret it in the morning

Posted Images

Deal is off...........................fcuking time waster, Oh well, never mind. I WILL have one sooner or later.

Phil

they come up on feeads all the time you can get them around the 700 mark but walnut ones are like rocking horse sh!t

atb si

I like all lads around my age (58yrs) loved my springers, then it was a rapid mk1, 5yrs ago I sold it and went through most pcp's before trying a full length hw100 In 177, loved it from the first shot, never misses and as its used everyday has killed absolutely thousands of head of vermin, it would have to be some gun to better this and so this will always be my forever gun, WM

• 3 weeks later...

I stick by what works and earns its keep. My HW80 .22 has just turned 18 years old from new -September 1998 from Guns International at Barnsley. No longer trading alas.

It is my absolute heart and soul's delight. It's been a hardworking hunting air rifle from the day I bought it and has proved the best gun I've ever owned. Even my beloved HW77 has needed work to repair her where my HW80 has just gone on hitting thousands of rabbits heads at 20 to 60 yards with precision pellet placement. For just one replaced spring from new.

My pal Jimmy here took the stock in and refurbished it with a flawless finish and an adjustable butt pad. He's basically taken a masterpiece of an air rifle and reset the fit and reach, the feel and handling to perfection and renewed her no-frills looks to better than she was brand new.

I honestly own what is one of the very best .22 HW80 rifles Weihrauch ever made. Arguably, THE VERY BEST EVER.

If it really came down to just the one gun for life; the absolute one and one only.........this is the one that's the keeper of all I have.

But thank Christ I don't have to do that! :thumbs:

• Like 2

I stick by what works and earns its keep. My HW80 .22 has just turned 18 years old from new -September 1998 from Guns International at Barnsley. No longer trading alas.

It is my absolute heart and soul's delight. It's been a hardworking hunting air rifle from the day I bought it and has proved the best gun I've ever owned. Even my beloved HW77 has needed work to repair her where my HW80 has just gone on hitting thousands of rabbits heads at 20 to 60 yards with precision pellet placement. For just one replaced spring from new.

My pal Jimmy here took the stock in and refurbished it with a flawless finish and an adjustable butt pad. He's basically taken a masterpiece of an air rifle and reset the fit and reach, the feel and handling to perfection and renewed her no-frills looks to better than she was brand new.

I honestly own what is one of the very best .22 HW80 rifles Weihrauch ever made. Arguably, THE VERY BEST EVER.

If it really came down to just the one gun for life; the absolute one and one only.........this is the one that's the keeper of all I have.

BUT if we are being very honest Simon, you could have a piece of copper pipe with a garage air line stuffed up the end and you would still hit most of the things you aimed at mate. In your case, you could shoot any gun and get the results.

Phil

• Like 1

one of my biggest regrets is selling my 80 it was one of the first in the country, I went to buy an hw35 e with the long barrel, from Bristol bridge guns, long gone, and the guy told me to wait a few weeks as there was a new model coming out and it was well worth the wait, so two weeks later saw a 14 year old boy walking through the centre of Bristol hw80, optima moonlighter scope tin of pellets and bag on my shoulder, proud as punch, a bus ride back to southmead on the 88 bus and not one person took a bit of notice, how times have changed and not for the better I,m afraid, also owned a sharp ace around the same time, which I wish I still had, it was probably fac back in those days due to a faulty valve, it was meant to take 5 pumps then the valve dumped any excess air, however it never worked and you could pump it until you physically could,nt get any more air in it which as a kid ,it was the nuts as it would go straight through both sides of a 45 gal oil drum and still keep going, were as most of my mates webley or bsa ,s would just make a dent, happy days
  • Like 1

iv had a bsa meteor, that was good peice of kit years ago, but so far my hw90 gas ram weiruach theoben .22 there's been many of guns i havent tryed but one that i also remember slightly was a bsa super lightening or (somthing) that was also a good air rifle also ! :thumbs: foxtails