Cutting Down On Feeding.

joeb8866

After a bit of advice...At what age would you start to cut a pups meal sizes down? My pup is roughly 6 and half months now and seems to have done the majority of her growing now, up until now i've been throwing the grub at her feeding her as much as she wants. She's been on raw since the day i picked her up and was thinking of cutting her meals now and start to lean her out a bit, any pros and cons of doing it at this age?

Any advice is appreciated ! :thumbs:

As has been said its a growing pup and needs its grub and even more so when it starts to do a bit ... I don't know what you feed but when a pup starts doing a bit I normally change over from mainly chicken to mainly fatty beef so that the dog can get its extra energy from the fats and the proteins from the meat will go to build the dog .......

• Like 4

Cheers for all the replies lads, i'll keep on throwing it at her.

Socks - I Buy in working dog raw when i'm feeling flush which is a complete raw pup food! I also mince my own stuff too, duck carcasses with chicken meat with lamb hearts and some sweet potato and spinach. She gets duck & turkey necks. being honest i don't feed alot of beef so that might be an option to start now when shes out and about this season. cheers for the help !

Cheers for all the replies lads, i'll keep on throwing it at her.

Socks - I Buy in working dog raw when i'm feeling flush which is a complete raw pup food! I also mince my own stuff too, duck carcasses with chicken meat with lamb hearts and some sweet potato and spinach. She gets duck & turkey necks. being honest i don't feed alot of beef so that might be an option to start now when shes out and about this season. cheers for the help !

that sounds like a pretty good diet for a pup to me pal, better than most I'm sure! As has been said above, he will still be growing for a good few months yet, as well as filling out and strengthening.

After a bit of advice...At what age would you start to cut a pups meal sizes down? My pup is roughly 6 and half months now and seems to have done the majority of her growing now, up until now i've been throwing the grub at her feeding her as much as she wants. She's been on raw since the day i picked her up and was thinking of cutting her meals now and start to lean her out a bit, any pros and cons of doing it at this age?

Any advice is appreciated ! :thumbs:

Far,far to young.Id rather see food left in a pups dish than an empty one.You need to balance food and exercise with weight gain,plenty of grub and exercise and gaining to much weight then id cut the grub allowance down until the pup fits your eye.