Beagle X....what You Got

i have a few pure beagle bitches in the kennel. after looking about on here and speaking with a few people im looking at the possibility of breeding a purpose bred busher. im torn between a cockerx beagle or a terrier x beagle!

i am looking for any info/advise from anyone who may work any of these crosses? and any pros and cons?

all the pups will be gifted apart from the ones i keep!

atb

• Like 1

I worked a beagle x spaniel bud he was hell of a little dog and could shift on open ground aswell !! Hunted like a beagle but listened like a spaniel all the boys Iv heard talk about the cross rate it highly

• Like 1

When you use a terrier as a busher you have the terrier related problems ... Going to ground ... Pissing off on a line ... Selective deafness ... When you use a spaniel as a busher there are no problems as they are purpose bred to be bushers ... So why put potential problems into a cross when you can add a dog that will better what you already have ......

• Like 2

I got beaglexcocker,beagle,harrierx I'd swear there's collie in her tho with her shape size etc plus a beaglexcocker x beaglexrussell pup but that's only 9 weeks old but all different styles of work,all know they job but cockerx & harrierx are by far better listeners but they all pack up lovely mate,will hunt line & all will hunt rabbits,hares & fox atb cbx

I have a 1st cross beagle/Russell and a 1st cross springer/beagle. The spaniel cross is only 12 month old so can't really input much on how he's going to turn out, but up to now he's been really easy to bring on eager to please and going well on the rabbits don't think it will take him too long to click on fox. The terrier cross is less eager to work rabbit but is a demon working fox she will travel a good distance on them and works them hard.

From my limited knowledge I think the spaniel crosses would make a better all rounder and be easier to keep working closer to you. I will be using a spaniel/beagle over my old bitch back end of year, hopefully get the best of both.post-41430-0-34636700-1470325526.jpegpost-41430-0-66918000-1470325554.jpg

• Like 5

We hunt a pack of beagles and have a beagle springer running with them, he is a serious little dog. I've always kept the beagle springer cross as they are exceptional in tight briars and very mannerly. Tried a couple of terrier beagle crosses but didn't have the same time for them as the springer cross. Late in a days hunting when the beagles are tiring we depend greatly on the springer cross to bring the rest into tight spots, just point and tell him get in and he'll push his way through. He will hunt with the pack and leave cover but won't go on very far, 4 or 5 fields and he will leave the hunt carry on and he will come back to me. I use the same dog to shoot pheasants over, once you pick up the gun and bring him on his own you'd never have to check him, won't go over 40 yards away from me and retrieves perfectly!

Just a great little cross if the right beagle and springer are used.

• Like 9

I'm interested in this type of x for bushing/flushing i don't think you could go wrong with the cross tbh if the [BANNED TEXT] parents are used they both have tremendous engines great noses and drive and with the spaniel in the mix the recall will improve, I'd love to add one to my team and hopefully will sooner rather than later ?

We hunt a pack of beagles and have a beagle springer running with them, he is a serious little dog. I've always kept the beagle springer cross as they are exceptional in tight briars and very mannerly. Tried a couple of terrier beagle crosses but didn't have the same time for them as the springer cross. Late in a days hunting when the beagles are tiring we depend greatly on the springer cross to bring the rest into tight spots, just point and tell him get in and he'll push his way through. He will hunt with the pack and leave cover but won't go on very far, 4 or 5 fields and he will leave the hunt carry on and he will come back to me. I use the same dog to shoot pheasants over, once you pick up the gun and bring him on his own you'd never have to check him, won't go over 40 yards away from me and retrieves perfectly!

Just a great little cross if the right beagle and springer are used.

In a years time I'd bite your hand off pal Iv got a Plummer bitch which is coming into her first proper season now so I want to try and give her The work she needs and with another young dog around it wudnt do either of them any favours I don't think, thanks for the offer tho buddy