Out For An Hour

Took Brack out for an hour last night mainly to try out these new lamps. The smaller lamp I tried first flung it back in the car was no good I couldn't see owt nevermind the dog. Got the bigger lamp out absolutely spot on if anything beam a little tight. In the end bagged 7 with the dog, clipped one with the car couldn't be avoided, over the moon with the way the dog worked the amount of rabbits about this year should be a good season atb Fourtrak.post-27532-0-81810300-1469793572_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took Brack out for an hour last night mainly to try out these new lamps. The smaller lamp I tried first flung it back in the car was no good I couldn't see owt nevermind the dog. Got the bigger lamp o

There will be a few invites going out once the seasons kicked off atb Fourtrak

Posted Images

Ok so its fine to go lamping rabbits in the summer, this site also has numerous pictures of usually whippets that have caught rabbits in the summer ,i dont have any problems with either.but whatever you dont go running or heaven forbid kill a summer hare,

you will have a lynch mob after you so whats the difference ?? probably comes from the days of hare coursing,a good dog killing a good winter hare any other time of year was frowned upon,actually killing a hare by any other method than coursing usually raises an eyebrow.

i was using the plr 150 i realy rated it when 1st started using it but now i can see my self going back to my 240 and lithium there okay for small fields but dont hold rabbits well on big slips i often lose the rabbit in the beam if im lamping from the middle of a decent size field and it gets to the hedge

Fieldsporthunter got the lamp off D Lloyd and asked me to try it to see what I thought not sure what the names are Fieldsporthunter will fill you in on any info about it. In my opinion too dull, shadows in the beam, just not good enough for the land I work.

Fieldsporthunter got the lamp off D Lloyd and asked me to try it to see what I thought not sure what the names are Fieldsporthunter will fill you in on any info about it. In my opinion too dull, shadows in the beam, just not good enough for the land I work.

well i got the led 150 , and they hold a rabbit at 60-90 yds easy , and most rabbits get nailed at them distance , suppose if your lamping rabbits 150 etc yds you might want more powerful light. but more powerful light the rabbits piss off anyway lol

Ok so its fine to go lamping rabbits in the summer, this site also has numerous pictures of usually whippets that have caught rabbits in the summer ,i dont have any problems with either.but whatever you dont go running or heaven forbid kill a summer hare,

you will have a lynch mob after you so whats the difference ?? probably comes from the days of hare coursing,a good dog killing a good winter hare any other time of year was frowned upon,actually killing a hare by any other method than coursing usually raises an eyebrow.

You've got me a tad confused here fella. 'A good dog killing a good 'winter' hare any other time of year'?

Surely, if a dog kills a 'winter' hare, it's winter?! Lol :thumbs: