found it ok,a bit light though mine tend to scuff it up into a ball and sleep on the top...charity shops are sometimes good for old human bed blankets, that are not good enough to sale in the shop...often they are not displayed and kept out the back for the rag man, you may have to ask for them though and at one or two pound each are eaisly enough replaced :thumbs:

The real Vetbed, as opposed to the cheaper and flimsier copies, is quite heavy, and though dogs can scuff it up, I find that a couple of layers works just fine in kennels. We have some very heavy Vetbed that is now getting on for 20 years old and goes through the wash every week and still looks pretty much the same as when new. Also got some cheaper stuff with a rubber backing that is supposed to be non-slip: didn't last very well and all the backing came off eventually and is now as thin as a blanket. Best to fork out for the real deal and you're set for years and years.

• Like 2

think i might have some of the cheaper stuff :laugh: another pain when they scuff it up is that it often ends up upside down so feel they are not really getting the cusioning benifts of its woolly pile anyway,still reckon the blankets are good for summer time though and easy to replace and air out, i tend to have the vetbed underneath them for padding.. but could see that with lots of layers of blankets in the winter the drawbacks could be trapped moisture etc meaning mold spores and it could also contribute towards rheumatism.. a must to keep on top of its maintanance

Edited by reddog70

I have used it recently I think it's great for the box inside, any wet goes through o the base . My dog out side pulls it out into the run though. There is also different qualities of it so beware. From the best to basically teddy bear fluff lol

What do most use in winter months ?

Some winters I have been known to go soft and put a roof on the kennel ......

you might want to sleep inside, you are getting on a bit :laugh:

Sleep inside !!!! How very dare you ... In fact I'm just getting a portable frame built for my hammock so that I haven't got to rely on finding trees ..........

• Like 1