Tory Leadership Campaign

Rees-Mogg is actually one of the very few Tories I have any time for. Might disagree with him on a lot but he's a gentleman and has principles, two things very lacking in most politicians :yes:

is that the little bit of right coming out of you

I just respect a man who has principles and sticks to them, even if I don't agree with them.

Funnily enough Rees-Mogg has actually said the same about Corbyn before :laugh: He think he's a principled man and admires his courage ;)

d you think hannan and mogg could play a bigger role in the future ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rees-Mogg is actually one of the very few Tories I have any time for. Might disagree with him on a lot but he's a gentleman and has principles, two things very lacking in most politicians

So we have three women leaders in Scotland and now possibly of two here in England with Angela eagle and Teresa may.. all I can say is I hope the don't synchronise with there periods because for the

sturgeon aint got no blood in her she runs on engine oil

Rees-Mogg is actually one of the very few Tories I have any time for. Might disagree with him on a lot but he's a gentleman and has principles, two things very lacking in most politicians :yes:

I just respect a man who has principles and sticks to them, even if I don't agree with them.

Funnily enough Rees-Mogg has actually said the same about Corbyn before :laugh: He think he's a principled man and admires his courage ;)

Neither are PM material IMO but I could see Rees-Mogg getting a prominent cabinet position down the line now that he won't be fighting the leadership over Europe. Hannan is only an MEP right now but I imagine they'll find a seat for him to stand for next election, seems a bit of a rising star of the Tory right.

• Like 1

Whoever gets in do people think that they should be tested with the people in a early GE? Could be a risky move either way

Definitely not ! It would be usurped as a second referendum. The £ and the markets have just about recovered, and the EU is coming to terms with our decision. The last thing anyone needs is more uncertainty......

Think I agree with this TBH, we need stability right now...

It's a shame though because obviously Labour are in the perfect position to fight and win a GE campaign right now :whistling:

Joking aside, I would normally have said that the new PM should go to the country at the first opportunity, but I don't feel that the democratic process would be served by holding an election in the near future, on tihs occasion. We will have a new, untested leader, the opposition is in disarray, exit negotiations haven't even begun and there is a vocal minority that wants a second referendum.......

The new PM should see the exit negotiations through, at least.

That would NOT be my normal answer.....but we are not in normal times.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts too pal :thumbs:

A GE would just delay negotiations and put massive uncertainty over whether there will even be a Brexit at all, we'd probably be so deep into recession by the time the new government was elected that negotiations would hardly matter, we'd take whatever scraps we were offered.

An election soon after the negotiations would be the way to go, IMO :yes:

Twice in a week.......people will gossip !

BGD has actually changed quite a bit since I sent him a little love gift in the post.

(I actually had one of my fags post it as I personally can have no contact with the working class)

Neither are PM material IMO but I could see Rees-Mogg getting a prominent cabinet position down the line now that he won't be fighting the leadership over Europe. Hannan is only an MEP right now but I imagine they'll find a seat for him to stand for next election, seems a bit of a rising star of the Tory right.

your right bgd they both talented and have proved their loathing for the eu

Whoever gets in do people think that they should be tested with the people in a early GE? Could be a risky move either way

Definitely not ! It would be usurped as a second referendum. The £ and the markets have just about recovered, and the EU is coming to terms with our decision. The last thing anyone needs is more uncertainty......

It's a shame though because obviously Labour are in the perfect position to fight and win a GE campaign right now :whistling:

Joking aside, I would normally have said that the new PM should go to the country at the first opportunity, but I don't feel that the democratic process would be served by holding an election in the near future, on tihs occasion. We will have a new, untested leader, the opposition is in disarray, exit negotiations haven't even begun and there is a vocal minority that wants a second referendum.......

A GE would just delay negotiations and put massive uncertainty over whether there will even be a Brexit at all, we'd probably be so deep into recession by the time the new government was elected that negotiations would hardly matter, we'd take whatever scraps we were offered.

BGD has actually changed quite a bit since I sent him a little love gift in the post.

(I actually had one of my fags post it as I personally can have no contact with the working class)

Still wondering what the gift is, I assume it's a clock seeing as you told me not to worry if the box is ticking when it arrives? :hmm:

:laugh:

Edited by BGD

Still wondering what the gift is, I assume it's a clock seeing as you told me not to worry if the box is ticking when it arrives? :hmm:

:laugh:

you only have to worry if its delivered by an arab looking courier :laugh:

• Like 1