Tory Leadership Campaign

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rees-Mogg is actually one of the very few Tories I have any time for. Might disagree with him on a lot but he's a gentleman and has principles, two things very lacking in most politicians

So we have three women leaders in Scotland and now possibly of two here in England with Angela eagle and Teresa may.. all I can say is I hope the don't synchronise with there periods because for the

sturgeon aint got no blood in her she runs on engine oil

Whoever gets in do people think that they should be tested with the people in a early GE? Could be a risky move either way

Definitely not ! It would be usurped as a second referendum. The £ and the markets have just about recovered, and the EU is coming to terms with our decision. The last thing anyone needs is more uncertainty......

• Like 2

Whoever gets in do people think that they should be tested with the people in a early GE? Could be a risky move either way

Definitely not ! It would be usurped as a second referendum. The £ and the markets have just about recovered, and the EU is coming to terms with our decision. The last thing anyone needs is more uncertainty......

Think I agree with this TBH, we need stability right now...

It's a shame though because obviously Labour are in the perfect position to fight and win a GE campaign right now :whistling:

I agree what we need now is a show of strength not more divide

It's a shame though because obviously Labour are in the perfect position to fight and win a GE campaign right now :whistling:

Joking aside, I would normally have said that the new PM should go to the country at the first opportunity, but I don't feel that the democratic process would be served by holding an election in the near future, on tihs occasion. We will have a new, untested leader, the opposition is in disarray, exit negotiations haven't even begun and there is a vocal minority that wants a second referendum.......

The new PM should see the exit negotiations through, at least.

That would NOT be my normal answer.....but we are not in normal times.

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 2

Joking aside, I would normally have said that the new PM should go to the country at the first opportunity, but I don't feel that the democratic process would be served by holding an election in the near future, on tihs occasion. We will have a new, untested leader, the opposition is in disarray, exit negotiations haven't even begun and there is a vocal minority that wants a second referendum.......

The new PM should see the exit negotiations through, at least.

That would NOT be my normal answer.....but we are not in normal times.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts too pal :thumbs:

A GE would just delay negotiations and put massive uncertainty over whether there will even be a Brexit at all, we'd probably be so deep into recession by the time the new government was elected that negotiations would hardly matter, we'd take whatever scraps we were offered.

An election soon after the negotiations would be the way to go, IMO :yes:

• Like 3

I can see the positives of having a GE before the negotiations and would be happy to the hit on the markets as we only get one shot at this so after showing democracy does work why are we now left with an unelected leader negotiating wiith the unelected leaders?

What I'd love to see if a Plan A, Plan B and Plan C drawn up between all the MPs and then put that to the public vote.

I don't see having just one person doing our bartering as a good thing in this at all, we need a mixture of different skills. Unfortunately I don't think Bojo or Gove have any of those skills required and have proven in the public domain they are both full of lies and deceit. Both of them have stated when asked if they are using this pathway to be PM and both of them said "No!". Now look at them, clambering over each other to get the top job.

If we're all honest, we all know MPs are in it for themselves but look again at these two!! Bojo is a caricature of an old MP. He's still not old enough to be wearing long trousers, would be best mates with Tim Nice But Dim and has lied numerous times in the past to try and sway opinion, costing him jobs in the process only for him to land back on his feet because of who he knows and who his family are. Is he really in touch with the dislocated communities that spoke so loudly during this referendum?
Gove has just come out and stabbed his colleague in the face because his wife told him to do so through the national press!! The guy is a puppet to her ramblings just as Blair was to his wife's business of being a Human Rights lawyer and the Saudi's old boys club and campaign of "Go do that somewhere else". The guy by his own admission says he's not got what it takes - “I’m constitutionally incapable of it. There’s a special extra quality you need that is indefinable, and I know I don’t have it. There’s an equanimity, an impermeability and a courage that you need. There are some things in life you know it’s better not to try”.

Theresa May will just keep bridges open that our democratic voice stated should be closed, end of as far as her campaign is concerned.

A weeks a long time in politics !! Forget that ...a minute in politics at the moment is a bloody age !!! Keep your friends close but your enemies closer ....has Boris outfoxed the lot ? ..

I think goves wife has more ambition on no10 than he does and them being in murdochs pocket makes me very uncomfortable... Angela leadsom for me :thumbs:

Edited by kanny
  • Like 1