Pin Point Accuracy

Forgive the title...I'm talking about the rifle, not my shooting fellas.

As all my twat brethren will already know the hw100 in whatever flavour and length is supremely accurate so I won't go into great depth of how good they are but as you may have read last night about my recent attack on the maggie population, how well my 100t dealt with three of them they just don't learn.

Like clockwork 4 of them came back tonight at roughly the same time and 1 was stupid enough to completely show himself right at the top of a pine at the bottom of the garden.

34 yards from the kitchen window and I would say a good 35 to 40 feet high perched on the flimsiest tip he sat with just a very gentle swaying from left to right of about an inch either way so I aimed ever so slightly low, just below his eyeball level to compensate the angle of dangle and squeezed the shot off and I have to say, airgun manufacturers will have to come up with something really special to challenge the accuracy of the 100 as the impact of this pellet was just about bloody spot on!

Atb lads....the war will continue

post-94518-0-59054700-1467231124_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I found that Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums worked well in HW100s, either flavour, .177 or ,22, the head size is 5.52mm in the .22! They are heavy enough to be stable but light enough to come out at a fair rate of speed!

I am feeding my .177 Daystate Heavies in 4.52mm and it loves them!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 2

Just Picked up a used HW100.22, your post confirms my decision to buy it. What is your pellet of choice and is it .177 or the .22. Great shot thanks.

Thanks pal.

Mine is .177

I have to admit that I flit between bis mags and jsb exacts but out of the 2 I have more confidence in the bis mags purely on how hard they hit as they are roughly 2.1 grains heavier and I'm convinced are less effected by the breeze.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about in .22 as they are heavier anyway but I know Mark Williams and bigmac shoot .22's so they will have a better view on it for you pal. Happy shooting with your new 100??

• Like 1

Just Picked up a used HW100.22, your post confirms my decision to buy it. What is your pellet of choice and is it .177 or the .22. Great shot thanks.

Mine will shoot with any pellet apart from H&N FTT

• Like 1

I'm just about to run out a tin of rws superfield that have been fine,using h&n ftt before and they were the best I've used in it,had others through it and not really found anything I'd actually call bad,i don't go to the extreme of some on here so probably don't see the true differences,im looking at a tin of air arms or jsb next I think...

• Like 1

Compliments Matt :good:

Excellent shooting.

Each to their own but I find that Falcon Accuracy Plus .22 are superbly accurate, very flat trajectory and they hit like a sledge hammer through my HW 100 ks. One of the lads from this forum, ( VM) , put me onto them and I was/ am, that impressed with them that I bought 5000.

atb

• Like 1