Bullfighting

I know many on here have been vocal Antis of this , as they should be it's barbaric.

But for those that might be curious here's an interesting article about Padilla, he lacks the skill and grace of the big names and divides bullfighting fans, some criticise his lack of art, but his bravery and the risks he takes demands respect.

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/juan-jose-padilla-matador-bullfighting-interview

• Like 1

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But that isn't what they do. Bull comes in untouched and meets a man who only has a cape. Nothing else. He turns it a few times. Then the Picador comes in on a protected horse. The bull is brought

They've made big changes with the horses, with the padding now used and kelvar I've never seen a horse injured. Picadors work with the same few horses throughout the season. If a horse was stressed it

if people want to brand them like hero's that's up to them......i can't see anything manly about sticking half a dozen spears into an animal and letting it suffer until it can't move any more... i do

Posted Images

Leave them to it I say....who am I to tell them that there way of live/ traditions/ heritage are wrong and should be stoped

good point, it's what's wrong in this free world, too many annoying nosey antis, sticking their noses into everything that doesn't concern them
  • Like 3

Leave them to it I say....who am I to tell them that there way of live/ traditions/ heritage are wrong and should be stoped

Agree mate. Iv been to the bullfights in Madrid, they have fans like footy fans who have favourite Matadors etc and get proper involved. You could see grandfather, sons and grandsons and you know that grandfather probably went with his father, grandfather and so on. Nobody has the right to tell them to stop imo even tho I don't 100% really like it myself.

Picadors are cool as f**k!!

Edited by j1985
  • Like 1

Read it as far as the bit that said his goring was on Youtube..., and naturally had to go and find it. Ouch

That's only the start of the story, he came back to it without a perception of depth and keeps taking the same risks.

Back in the ring where he lost his eye

post-2854-0-48354500-1467144023.jpg

Edited by Bryan

If you've read this far then you should know about Jose Tomas.

He believes in the Bushido code and the way of the Samuri and all that, that he says he can't fear death if he's to perform fully. Which of course sounds like bullshit until you see him do this. Same afternoon gored 3 times by 2 different bulls.

https://youtu.be/7T66JUdHPBA

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2

I'm no fan of padilla, Tomas is in a different class altogether. I get padillas bravery and it's fair enough but he's no artist.

Tomas has, or at least has has it all.

You would never get Jose tomas releasing a fashion range like padilla.

if people want to brand them like hero's that's up to them......i can't see anything manly about sticking half a dozen spears into an animal and letting it suffer until it can't move any more...

i don't see the point of it, if your going to kill something......do it quick and humanly,

• Like 7