Sort Of Says It All Really.

He could be the man to lead the brexit talks ....edited to say Should be the man ....

Surprised you'd want someone who has said there's no guarantee immigration will go down after Brexit leading the negotiations.

It's not about the numbers it's better control and more say on who comes in that counts.
Seeing the rhetoric on here and in the debates it seemed to all be about the numbers? I thought we were full and public services were at breaking point because of the vast swarm of migrants so we needed to pull up the drawbridge and get immigration down to the 10s of thousands? Something that since the result no one in the leave camp seems to believe is possible anymore...
Anything is possible once our government becomes answerable to the people again and can't hide behind the EU bureaucracy anymore. ..I don't think anyone was expecting overnight change.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.(!64.56:886/ozpoliticallyincorrect/videos/1655630014762457/   TC

Not the first time I've watched this chap. He's an extremely talented public speaker. Relatively unknown to me to be honest but on the face of it he's exactly the sort I'd like to see come out of this

Entirely possible. Default SNP strategy is publicly disagree with whatever the English say to stir dissent, privately they're probably half reasonable people. LOL

He could be the man to lead the brexit talks ....edited to say Should be the man ....

Surprised you'd want someone who has said there's no guarantee immigration will go down after Brexit leading the negotiations.

It's not about the numbers it's better control and more say on who comes in that counts.
Seeing the rhetoric on here and in the debates it seemed to all be about the numbers? I thought we were full and public services were at breaking point because of the vast swarm of migrants so we needed to pull up the drawbridge and get immigration down to the 10s of thousands? Something that since the result no one in the leave camp seems to believe is possible anymore...
Anything is possible once our government becomes answerable to the people again and can't hide behind the EU bureaucracy anymore. ..I don't think anyone was expecting overnight change.

So if we end up having to accept free movement as part of any trade deal with the EU (not saying it's definite but let's be honest it a real possibility) you expect the next government to be voted in to be able to go back to the EU after maybe only a couple of years and magically get a better deal? What new leverage would they have?

We'll be stuck with the results of this negotiation for a long time, better make sure we get it right first time.

• Like 1

<p>Travellers unite! can I have a horse drawn bow top? We can't build the new house until we pull the old one down .we might be living in a caravan for a short while but it will be worth it in the long run. :thumbs:

See cushty I'm sure he can sort you out something :thumbs: you didn't fancy a Berber tent then?

Im desertbred doesnt mean I am a desert dweller my dogs even live in a kennel :laugh:

• Like 1

So if we end up having to accept free movement as part of any trade deal with the EU (not saying it's definite but let's be honest it a real possibility) you expect the next government to be voted in to be able to go back to the EU after maybe only a couple of years and magically get a better deal? What new leverage would they have?

We'll be stuck with the results of this negotiation for a long time, better make sure we get it right first time.

I totally agree we gotta get it right ..hopefully it wont be free movment but capped vetted movment and we will be free to negotiate trade with the rest of the world so a lot depends on how that works out we could well find ourselves in a position of power over the EU in the future if we get it right and the single market won't be as significant to us ...gotta look at the big picture.

<p>

<p>

Travellers unite! can I have a horse drawn bow top? We can't build the new house until we pull the old one down .we might be living in a caravan for a short while but it will be worth it in the long run. :thumbs:

See cushty I'm sure he can sort you out something :thumbs: you didn't fancy a Berber tent then?
Im desertbred doesnt mean I am a desert dweller my dogs even live in a kennel :laugh:
:laugh:

I don't know why people are assuming the EU are holding all the cards in this .WE have a very good hand ourselves its down to our government now to get there poker face on.

• Like 2

Can any one actually explain what the hell we even import from them any way that we can't do are selves I can understand food grain and such but the vast majority of it comes from Russia the States and and Egypt way sure we get some meat but you can still import from nz USA South Africa Australia I can't see it what do we actually import from them that we can't get elsewhere so what if we could not buy there cars we have been making are own for years it's there loss in my eyes I just don't understand what all the faffle is about can anyone explain