It's An Age Thing

I went up to my perm this morning as the woodies are starting on the peas.

I set up the hide, yes happy with that.

I placed a dozen deeks and a couple of crows out in the field, looks ok, yes happy with that

got my seat tub and flask into the hide, yes happy with that

Get the HW100 out of the car................no fecking pellets or mag

Fortunatley, I had one of my shotguns in the car as a back up so the day was not lost but not as I planned it. Oh well it's an age thing, still shot a few woodies although they were in small numbers this morning.

Strange thing, The first bird went down dead, it remained there until I went over to pick up dead birds and deeks.........the bugger flew off, perfect flight so I guess it must have fainted at my good looks, maybe not.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

Maybe it was just lay on its back howling at the fact you forgot pellets and mag and when he saw you coming, thought "shit, hes going to give me a hiding now" and flew off!!!

At least the day wasn't wasted pal and you got some woodies for the oven. I keep saying it but it's my favourite quarry to eat and shoot but the are thin on the ground over here, I need a perm with a varied crop. Even over the rape we don't get that many so every one that I do shoot is like gold dust???

• Like 4

I`ve never done anything like this on any of my trips out - " Honest " :whistling:

Few months back, did all the " check list" all there, ready to go, - so went.

Set up, sat down/ under the hide set up, " Barstuard" ! - no air in the pcp. Luckily I always carry my springer so the day was not lost "phew".

atb

• Like 2

Anyone who has been at this game a while has forgotten something, my worst was 110mile round trip where I took several guns but clean forgot my ammo/magazine box which also had all my bolts in it. :(

• Like 1