Digging In France

One of my customers keeps telling me to move out to France, for a better quality of life, and work. Wondered if you gents had any experience of working terriers in France? Dont know what the rules are, or how the locals take to hunting folk from over the channel? Plus I don't have any matching boiler suits and I cant leave my dog underground for hours whilst I enjoy a leisurely lunch and expect it to just woof

• Like 7

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If some terrier men want to come in France, we could have a good deal. There are some desperate syrian migrants near Calais, they have no skill to hunt badgers or foxes and they absolutely want to

One of my customers keeps telling me to move out to France, for a better quality of life, and work. Wondered if you gents had any experience of working terriers in France? Dont know what the rules ar

I'd imagine if you're already pulling the piss out of their boiler suits and crappy dogs you're better off staying where you are.   No point in going out there to tell them they're doing it wrong. "

There is a post on it here: http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/187215-digging-in-france/

In the area I live there is no interest in anything other than deer, boar and game birds. The chasse won't control foxes or badgers for the local farmers. They aren't interested. As far as I know you would need to pass the Permis de Chasse theory exam, the practical tests and register with a local Chasse. Then you would need to ask advice from the head of the chasse what, when and where you could operate. Sometimes hunting can only be done as part of an organised group.

If you are serious about moving to France with your terriers it would be a good idea to find an area where your work would be welcomed.

• Like 1

i go over 3-4 times a year about an hour south of cherboug and we have a great time the farmers seem to love us and go out of there way to show us earths etc , the only problem is the amount of plonk your expected to consume but we are always welcome and have a great time

• Like 4

There are plenty of French who want out aswell were not the only ones sick of immigration.

What I mean is that if we are out as we should be to work and live in France and the rest of Europe for that mater won't be as easy as it is now

I'd imagine if you're already pulling the piss out of their boiler suits and crappy dogs you're better off staying where you are.

No point in going out there to tell them they're doing it wrong. "When in Rome"

• Like 6

I'd imagine if you're already pulling the piss out of their boiler suits and crappy dogs you're better off staying where you are.

No point in going out there to tell them they're doing it wrong. "When in Rome"

I did indeed make a lighthearted reference to their style of digging. Bit of banter sir, but I didn't say they were wrong and their dogs lacked heart. It may not be my cup of tea I grant you.

Really sorry mate, didn't realise you were so sensitive

If some terrier men want to come in France, we could have a good deal.

There are some desperate syrian migrants near Calais, they have no skill to hunt badgers or foxes and they absolutely want to leave France to Great Britain.

Can we organize a swap ? Two nice migrants / one english terrierman.

Edited by Blaise
  • Like 7

If we come out the EU don't think you'll be to welcome to be honest

Don't think that's right tbh, they hate us as it is lol

I haven't got round to digging in France yet, but I've traveled all over France, my dad lives there also & I've never found the french anything other than warm & welcoming. A great country with great culture & food!

I know you was probably joking though....;-)

• Like 1