It's not sheep , if they work in your barrel what more do you want but saying that i can't stand H&N pellets

thats what i mean! I've tried the fap's and other must haves and they haven't worked for me !

I've got tins that ill happily give away cos they don't suit anything i have.

i just find it funny that someone can post something on here and everyone goes .... whow I've got to get that!

if cars where like rifles on this forum we would all be in minnies" can't think of a car we produce"or vw,s

theres like cult followings of rifles and pellets!

i think you've got to basically go it alone ,,, but thats just me

• Like 3

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought i would have a phone around to see who had the new HW110 in stock . My local RFD didn't get his delivery and will not be in until July Found a gun shop about 8 miles away who had two ,so i

Here`s a 14 shot group, shot today in training/ practice with Falcon Accuracy Plus .22. A certain THL mate on here kept recommending until I listened.   To bounce off each o

I do a lot of pellet testing with all makes ,shapes and sizes . I only put results on here to show others what works in my guns and my other shooting mates guns ,if the rest want to take it on board i

Posted Images

Well put. I'd love to try the other brands but don't see the point. I know the point is 'they could be better' but what I use is good enough for my shooting.

• Like 3

Mmmmm , :hmm:

Good points all round here and I can see where everyone is coming from.

I took on board, (for example), the recommendation of F.A.P. pellets in .22 for the HW 100`s. We could all see the groups and photo`s achieved, so I asked on other forums and was given the same recommendations (mostly).

I`m very glad I listened and bought 5000 and my .22 100 ks is out as much as my .177 100 kt, - I`m getting superb accuracy and stopping power.

I have listened to advice on this forum and other forums, especially The HW owners club and Air Arms owners club over the Express pellet 4.52 mm 7.87 gn and my word it gets a lot of " singing and dancing praise" from all concerned.

I shoot the same rifles and I`ve listened and bought.

No one is following others, (I don't think) but we are all "bouncing off each other", helping each other and that`s what it`s all about.

Every one has seen the "crap results" I`m getting from static hunting with the Primos sticks, or the T Rex springer - doesn`t mean you should run out and buy but the proof of photographs says it all, - the rest is entirely your choice.

Great debate lads :good:

atb

• Like 4

Agreed Mark

We can all read diffrent views on all kinds of pellets , but it all ends up with what ever suites you rifle and your happy with

I would think that the name of the game is to get the most accurate groups that can possible be obtained with the combination of pellet and gun ,

Air gunner have to be absolutely critical with there chosen combo , as putting the pellet in the right place is , and allways will be , the most important factor in shooting air rifles

We all as responsible shooters can not afford to to be slack on this issue ,

Because if we are , we will inevitably cause injury and not instant death

In a nut shell , if your more than happy with your combo , great , if not keep testing until you are !

Atb

• Like 2

I do a lot of pellet testing with all makes ,shapes and sizes . I only put results on here to show others what works in my guns and my other shooting mates guns ,if the rest want to take it on board it's up to them .

Mark seems to be using his .22 more now after recommendations of falcon accuracy plus and not just from my say so but other too

If other want to keep to meat and 2 veg for dinner that's great but try something a bit different ,you never know you might like it better and that goes with anything including pellets !!

• Like 4

I do a lot of pellet testing with all makes ,shapes and sizes . I only put results on here to show others what works in my guns and my other shooting mates guns ,if the rest want to take it on board it's up to them .

Mark seems to be using his .22 more now after recommendations of falcon accuracy plus and not just from my say so but other too

If other want to keep to meat and 2 veg for dinner that's great but try something a bit different ,you never know you might like it better and that goes with anything including pellets !!

Some common sense.

All the best

• Like 1

I have, in my limited time with airguns, taken suggestion from people like Mitch who has years more experience than myself but I have to test a given pellet before being comitted to a brand. The pellet testing process is something I really enjoy and it is a good learning curve about both the gun and the pellet being tested.

In my clay shooting experience, I have bought tens of thousands of cartridges and over 40+ years of shooting, I would alway buy a few boxes of shells before jumping in for a thousand. I think it is fair to say that I like to keep a very open mind on both guns and what we send up the barrel because you NEVER really know when there is something better out there and forums like this and others bring products to the attention of fellow shooters for our consideration, long may it continue.

Phil

• Like 1

Here`s a 14 shot group, shot today in training/ practice with Falcon Accuracy Plus .22.

A certain THL mate on here kept recommending until I listened.

To bounce off each other with info` is what it`s all about.

I`m still leading the barrel in but the groups are tightening up very nicely now.

post-85710-0-43619100-1465763087.jpg

p.s. shot outdoors

atb

• Like 4

I got a new 110 today. Early days but the balance with a Mamba Lite on is beautiful. Loading is a bit different but getting used to it already. It doesn't like H&N or Weihrauch pellets but it's very accurate with AA Field 4.52. I love the feel and balance of the rifle and I'm pleased that it likes the AA Field because my KT loves Daystate Heavies (JSB Heavies).

It's doing 10.8fpe but I expect that to creep up a bit after a couple of tins. If Brocock had put a stock on their Compatto as nice as this I would have kept it. I get the feeling that the gun is going to grow on me, even after just a couple of hours using it I'm starting to like it a lot. The safety is a bit clunky but you can do it quietly if you use two fingers but that's a small thing anyway.

Strange, but it's one of those guns that just feels right.

Chris

• Like 2

I got a new 110 today. Early days but the balance with a Mamba Lite on is beautiful. Loading is a bit different but getting used to it already. It doesn't like H&N or Weihrauch pellets but it's very accurate with AA Field 4.52. I love the feel and balance of the rifle and I'm pleased that it likes the AA Field because my KT loves Daystate Heavies (JSB Heavies).

It's doing 10.8fpe but I expect that to creep up a bit after a couple of tins. If Brocock had put a stock on their Compatto as nice as this I would have kept it. I get the feeling that the gun is going to grow on me, even after just a couple of hours using it I'm starting to like it a lot. The safety is a bit clunky but you can do it quietly if you use two fingers but that's a small thing anyway.

Chris

Hi Chris , What is the weight of these guns ,only asking because from one person to another they come out with different weights ,anything from 2.7 KG up to 3.3 KG ?

Chris

Hi Chris , What is the weight of these guns ,only asking because from one person to another they come out with different weights ,anything from 2.7 KG up to 3.3 KG ?

not got any scales vm and the kitchen ones are bottoming out !

but this is a ten year old girl feeling confident enough to hit a target at 25yrd and get a decent group

post-102306-0-09864500-1465941616_thumb.jpg

the scales were bottoming out at 3.3kg but thats with a scope on

atb si

Chris

not got any scales vm and the kitchen ones are bottoming out !

but this is a ten year old girl feeling confident enough to hit a target at 25yrd and get a decent group

attachicon.gifIMG_0617.JPG

the scales were bottoming out at 3.3kg but thats with a scope on

atb si

You really should have bought her some new jeans first! Gone right through the knees look!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 1